“Lively pub with lovely food”
Review of The Cottage Loaf

The Cottage Loaf
Ranked #11 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Traditional Pub,Child Friendly,Serving Food All Day,Real Ale,Log Fire,Reservations by Phone or Email,Good Beer Guide 2012
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Lively pub with lovely food”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend the swordfish steak with anchovies and Niçoise salad. Could not resist the side order of triple cooked chips - worth every additional category.

Widnes, England
“Recommended!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Since we last visited this restaurant, it has been extended and re-vamped.. lovely atmosphere, food was great and reasonably priced. The staff were brilliant and had a cheery word for everyone, even tho they were very busy.. Make sure u book as soon as u can as its very popular.

Visited July 2014
Bury, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food!!!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The cottage loaf was a great find, I was looking on trip advisor for a good place to eat Sunday lunch with my husband and parents. I was not disappointed. What a fab little pub, it looks like it should be in some little village in the country, the Sunday dinner was fab, I had the silverside the portion was massive and one of the best Sunday lunches I've had. My husband had the steak and ale pie which looked and tasted amazing. Dad had the fish and chips, the portions are so big and he really enjoyed it. Mum didn't eat lunch as she was still full from breakfast in our hotel. My only criticism was the fact that during our meal we wanted another drink and the waitress said we had to go to the bar for it, they don't take orders for drinks, they just bring the food to your table after you have ordered and paid for it at the bar.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Linda M
Bridlington
“Fab food, lovely relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had the braised lamb, it was gorgeous, highly recommended, my husband has the burger which he said was very good. Friendly staff, great service. Good selection of local beers

Visited July 2014
Leicestershire
“Great Expectations”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Having been told that this was worthy of a visit, I checked the website and reviews and as I said, ‘Great Expectations’.
The location is simply stunning; this place oozes character and history, its tasteful and well thought out, plenty of room to dine.
Your orders are not taken at the table, but at the bar, which was a surprise. Anyhow, the staff were friendly enough and I ordered lunch for two.
The chips were meant to be triple cooked and when they arrived I was a little surprised as to their shape and size. The eggs were fine, the Honey Glazed ham fine, but the chips were not as I expected. Having had triple cooked chips before these were certainly different, they were firmer than I expected and lighter in colour, in a word they were disappointing. They were certainly not properly cooked.
Nevertheless this has not put me off going there again. Next time, if the chips are the same I will raise it, but as I was with a family member I felt that it was inappropriate to do so. I hope it was a one off.

Overall Average +

Oh yes the bread was divine, could have been more..

• Visited July 2014