“Best burger in town!”

The Cottage Loaf
Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Traditional Pub,Child Friendly,Serving Food All Day,Real Ale,Log Fire,Reservations by Phone or Email,Good Beer Guide 2012
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my partner and a friend for dinner. Not a huge menu but apparently it changes every other day. Was a nice choice on their menu though. We all went for the burger as it had been recommended. Maybe slightly steep in price but absolutely gorgeous. Clearly hand made with nice chips and onion rings which were lovely too. Well worth a visit if you don't mind paying £10+ for a burger. Couldn't fault the food. Very filling. No need for dessert!

There are newer reviews for The Cottage Loaf

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The best food in town. Very nice old world pub in the centre of Llandudno. The steak and ale pie is to die for.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful little gem hidden on the back streets of Llandudno with lots of old charm. Have been here twice now within two weeks and the food and service is excellent. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the menu has plenty of choice. The portions are large and you wont go hungry! The second time we took our 4 year old and 9 month old and the children's menu is great. My new favourite place in Llandudno!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We visited during a recent trip to Wales and having no idea where to eat in Llandudno we turned to tripadvisor and this place came up on the search.

I can honestly say we haven't had a better meal in a pub. The menu might be considered a little bit on the expensive side for some but this definitely isn't the frozen chips and frazzled burger you get in the chain pubs.

The pub itself is a cracking place, very homely and traditional looking right down to the rustic furniture. I agree with some other reviewers that getting a drink at the bar can be a bit tricky but it did strike me that one or two extra pairs of hands would make all the difference to the service.

The food itself was great - so much so that we actually went back later in the week on the route back from Conwy Castle. The scallop starter was perfect and the main courses were substantial but not too bulky. It's not a place I could manage 3 courses at which is a shame as the desserts I did see looked very appealing. Oh, and the lamb wellington was possibly the nicest thing I've ever had. Try it, it's fab!

I could only hope for somewhere as nice as this to go to locally. Even the toilets were clean and presentable which is always a good sign.

My tip would be not leaving it late to book a table for an evening - we saw a lot of disappointed people on Friday evening when they saw all the tables were full. If we ever venture back to Wales this place is definitely on my list of places to visit again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just came back from 2 nights in llandudno had looked this pub up pior to going on trip adviser & decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed food was excellent & the atmosphere was great