“Stormy night, comfy room”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LLandudno Hostel

LLandudno Hostel
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Stormy night, comfy room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

When I arrived, I was surprised about the confortable location of the hostel - very close to station and city centre, but still very quiet. However, the inside was even better and I would easily call this the best hostel I have been to so far. The rooms are thoughtfully furnished and even equipped with an electric kettle, mugs and teabags so you can make some tea for yourself. Bedroom and bathroom were very clean and the breakfast was quite rich with different kinds of juice, cornflakes, jams and tea. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful, so all in all I felt very welcome.
Since Llandudno is a very nice place, I am sure to come back - and choose this hostel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

llandudnohostel, Owner at LLandudno Hostel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thanks very much for your kind words we look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My first time hostelling. I really didn't know what to expect from a hostel but if this is how they all are im impressed :)
Very reasonably price, basic but adequate room with a surprisingly comfortable bed, nice friendly staff and a great location.
Got everything I needed and would definitely recommend. Top marks :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I am glad your first experience of hosteling was appositive one. I can't promise they are all the same as ours but most have great communal areas to relax and eat. we even let you bring in a takeaway. it also a great way of meeting people. As an owner i love meeting people from all over the world. Best wishes for the rest of your travels and come back and visit us again sometime.
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

My friend and I needed a place to stay overnight before climbing snowdon. All the hostels within 20 miles of Llanberris were booked but this one was suggested.

It was approx £17 per bed per night in a mixed dorm. The staff were friendly and gave me all the info i needed on arrival. The rooms were basic but comfy beds and all the facilities you need in a hostel.

Breakfast was continental and included in the price above. The other great thing is free on street parking, and if you are luckym, right outside the hostel.

I cant fault anything about this place. If you want it they have sky TV, close to LLandudno town centre and great value. Only thing i would have liked is a 2nd pillow but sure if I had asked I could have got one.

I would stay here again!

Allan - Shrewsbury

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks very much for your review. You are certainly right we are handy for snowdonia. I am glad our staff looked after you. You are right we would have give you an extra pillow, having travelled myself i know how important a good night sleep is. So when we started the hostel we were determined to provide high quality foam mattress and comfortable latex dunlopillo pillows, not to mention warm duvets. If you ever need anything just ask. Thanks again regards James
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Received a warm welcome upon arrival. We stayed in the double with twin bunks room, which was pleasant and immaculately clean complete with a modern en-suite, which again, was immaculate.
Overall, myself and my family had a thoroughly pleasant stay and would not hesitate to make further bookings in the future. Many thanks to Llandudno Hostel

Room Tip: If travelling with children, the twin bunk room with double bed is perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review. I am glad you enjoyed our En-suite family room, its one of our nicest rooms and having a big family myself i know how hard it can be sometimes to find a room big enough. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again. Llandudno is a great place to bring children. kind regards James
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at Llandudno hostel. The staff were so accommodating and helpful. After our warm welcome to the hostel by Anna, not only did she allow us to pay separately and by card, which was very helpful in a group of eight but also gave us extra keys for the room. Then we asked if it would be possible to have some bread or something left out for breakfast as we would be leaving an hour before breakfast started. We came down the next morning to find bread for toast, an assortment of jams and spreads, apple and orange juice and a Tupperware box full of biscuits with a little note saying that we could take them with us for the day- such a nice little touch!

The rooms were great- big bay sash windows and clean matching linen on each bed. (We were in the mixed dorm, picture 13 and 18) There was also a kettle and milk and stuff to make tea and two sinks in the room. Anna told us that if we needed any extra pillows or blankets or anything then just to let her know.
There were two showers and two toilets on our level (and more upstairs). Both were clean and the shower was nice and powerful. There was also a lovely big sitting room on the ground floor and brilliant colourful artwork all over the hostel.

All in all an excellent stay and really good value (and breakfast was included!) I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends and family that needed somewhere to stay in Llandudno.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks very much for your in-depth review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that Anna looked after you well. Whilst we offer a complimentary continental breakfast between 8.30-9.30, we appreciated this does not always work when travelling, so i am glad Anna was able to help you with an early breakfast. Our staff are our greatest assets and i am very fortunate to have very goose staff at the moment. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Kind regards James
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I did not mean to visit Llandudno. I could not find a bed at Conwy and that is how I came here. But I found iLlandudno very beautiful and ended up staying more than I expected. This Llandudno hostel is only 3 minutes from the station which is good for people without a car. My room was lovelily furnished and carefully made for user's convenience. The shared shower and toilets were very clean. All the member of staff were extremely friendly and nice. Llandudno is also only a few minutes by train or bus to Conwy. I will definitely come back to stay here again! Thank you very much!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thanks very much for your kind words it is much appreciated. Llandudno is not called the queen of resorts for nothing, yet the historic Walled town of Conwy is only 3.5 miles away. I am glad you took the time to enjoy the area and look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards James
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed in room for 6 en suite. Just what we wanted clean room good beds clean en suite. Stayed for 2 nights. If this is the type of accommodation you want do not be put off by the word hostel just look at the star rating. Host very pleasant great location would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks Very much for your review i am glad you enjoyed one of our family rooms. Llandudno is a great place to bring children, with the beaches a stone throws away. We try very hard to make children welcome and we loo forward to seeing you again. thanks again kind regards James