“brilliant only one fault”

The Marlborough Hotel
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed October 2, 2010

we travelled to this hotel with edwards coaches for 8 day stay,must say this hotel is everything it says on website, rooms was spotless, entertainment was superb,food was plentiful and good choices to be had,bar service was good ,nice friendly staff,my one and only fault was service in restaraunt was terrible all staff serving every table instead of being allocated they own, wait inbetween courses was much to long,great shame really everything else was superb would return if they could sort that out.

• Stayed: September 2010
4  Thank phswans
carly4185, Front Office Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2010

Good Afternoon Phswans,
We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we take note of your point raised regarding meal service in the restaurant, with the size of restaurant we have, it isn't really necessary or effective to allocate our waiters to serve individual tables alone, with tables seating 4 guests or more, we have found after monitoring the dining room service, that service is much quicker if more than one waiter serves each individual table. We constantly receive comments from customers who are surprised at how quickly we can serve a full restaurant ensuring no customers are kept waiting for their food, however we sincerely apologise if you feel you had to wait a long time in between courses, and the point you raised will most definately be discussed & reviewed at our weekly management meeting. We are thrilled that you were happy with your accomodation, food & entertainment and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Marlborough Hotel in the future, where i am positive you will again enjoy your stay and see a substantial improvement reagrding the point you raised.

Yours Sincerely,

From all at the Marlborough Hotel

There are newer reviews for The Marlborough Hotel

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I wanted to tell everybody about our recent holiday at The Marlborough Hotel, Llandudno. We went with Edwards Coach holidays from South Wales and it was a great start to our holiday as soon as we stepped onto the coach. My husband and I had great seats numbers 5&6 with plenty of leg room. Dennis our coach driver was a really good driver. When we arrived at The Marlborough Hotel, we were all escorted to the lounge and served tea or coffee and the coffee was lovely. We were allocated our rooms and we had room 105. This room over looked the promenade and the pier. We couldn't have picked a better room if we had walked around every room to choose. I did e mail in advance to see if we could upgrade and pay the difference but there was no cost. The bathroom deserves a review of its own. It had a walk in shower, no bath but the shower was plenty big enough and there was always lots of hot water. The towels could have been more like bath sheets but you can't have everything. I also requested a feather pillow to save bringing my own from home. No problem, it was waiting for me. We had a double bed and a single bed in one room, but I must say the beds were not very comfortable and the double was too small for both of us to sleep together all night. But we made use of the spare bed. The room was lovely and light but a bit overcrowded with furniture but at least it all matched. The bathroom and the view were certainly the stars of the show. The food was good and superb service. Everything was brought to you, no queuing for cereals and juice. The porridge is the best I have tasted away from home. A five course dinner and breakfast. A lovely dining room with good decoration. It helps that the owners actually live there too. They have a lovely bar and there is entertainment every evening.On our penultimate evening, a photographer came around and took pictures and complete with a frame they were delivered at breakfast the next morning, I think the cost was £4.50 which was a lovely idea. I can't speak highly enough of the hotel and it's staff. When we left, we were all on the coach waiting to pull off, the restaurant manageress came on board to wish us a safe journey and hope we would all come back. A packed lunch for the journey was offered too at a good price and quite a few took up the offer. As we pulled off the whole staff came out to the doorway and waved us off. It was a real treat to be so well treated .
All in all, a great holiday in a great location and Llandudno is on the flat, so no worries about walking if it is a problem. The hotel is literally among the shops with it's main shopping street, Mostyn Street, to the left as you come out of the hotel. Next door to Boots the chemist by the bus stop is a small coffee shop, I can't remember the name, but they serve the most delicious lattes in there and the food is good too. Lastly, if you are wanting to change your make up girls, see Jade on the Estee Lauder counter. She was so good to me and gave me really good advice and a make over with products she thought would suit my skin. it was a pleasure to be served by somebody so knowledgeable. Lastly, there was one first course I didn't like at the hotel dinner one night and they offered to make me a prawn cocktail instead. Lastly, you must visit the Great Orme. We went by Tram and it certainly is worth doing. We had lunch at the top. A bit expensive but I can recommend the fish and chips. The cod was as white as snow. I must stop but find it difficult to! Superb!

• Stayed: August 2010
8  Thank labrador16
carly4185, Front Office Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

Dear Labrador16 ,
Thank you for your kind review, all the staff and management we thrilled with your comments, we had some lovely feedback from all on your coach party tour, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Marlborough hotel, and we hope to welcome you here again soon.

Best Wishes

From all at the MARLBOROUGH HOTEL

Reviewed January 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the New Year period for three nights on the recommendation of the owners of another Hotel in the town that I would normally have stayed at,which was fully booked.To be honest,as I was travelling with friends and family, I was a little wary as to what to expect.
It turned out that my fears were groundless.
We were met by the nicest staff you could hope to meet and made to feel at home straight away.Nothing was too much trouble for them!
The menu each day was imaginative and varied,cooked to perfection and well presented,with a very good choice.
Entertainment was provided evey night,and was pretty good,well worth staying in for.
On the down side,although clean and well serviced,the room I had could have done with a bit of a refurbishment.It was looking a bit well worn.
would I recommend this Hotel? Without a doubt,very good value.

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank truckmanBolton
Marlborough H, Front Office Manager at The Marlborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2016

Many Thanks for your kind words, I am so glad that you enjoyed your break with us, I have passed your comments on to the team & Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2009

just returned from this hotel with a large party of people from our parish. this was a turkey and tinsel weekend fri sat sun.
and hey! what can i say the food was outstanding and plenty of it. breakfast evening meal and supper now thats what you call never being hungry.
the hotel was in a lovely position on the front near the beach and the pier. the rooms are adequate for 3* hotel very clean cozy and warm. and the maid service is spot on. fresh towels everyday if you need them.
the hotel staff could not treat you any better. it was such a nice comfortable place and not loud. the entertainment at night was great and not raunchy. three nights at this place is great !!
i give it nearly 100% reason being only my room had a loud humming noise and vibrating noise coming from the carpet floor . i asked the reception and they said it was the ceiling fan in the main entertainment room, now this would have kept me awake if it was not turned off at night. but it was. so really it was not a bother, room 104 avoid it if you sleep early. other than that go for it!!

• Stayed: November 2009

Many Thanks for your feedback i am so glad you had a great stay with us and i have passed your feedback on to the team - Apologies you had a problem during your stay we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

The staff were very friendly and went out of the way, to accommodate guests. The food was amazing. Ideal position on the south parade and right round the corner from the main shopping street. Evening entertainment was good and varied. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Management made sure everyone was happy and no problem was to small to deal with rapidly.
A great stay and look forward to staying again

• Stayed: April 2009

Many thanks for your kind words and i am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us i have passed your feedback on to the team and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2008

Just returned from a 4day break at The Marlborough Hotel, LLandudno and would recommend this place to anyone. We've visited LLandudno alot over the year an stayed in many hotels but this has to be one of the best!
Firstly, the location is perfect. Accross the road from the pier and close to shops and the great Orme. The sea views are superb.
The hotel itself is lovely - the rooms are spacious and comfortable. We stayed on a Dinner , bed and breakfast basis and this was definitely the right decision. All meals we had were lovely and there was always a wide selection.
Lastly, I have to comment on the staff and the general feel of the place. All the staff were incredibly helpful and polite and nothing was ever too much trouble. The assistant manager (Gareth) was always there on hand and the owners were around a lot to make sure that everything ran smoothly.

It really was a fabulous stay and I will be staying here on my next visit to LLandudno.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank gaynormurphy2002

Many Thanks for your review it was a pleasure to have you staying with us. I will feed your comments back to the team and we hope and look forward to you visiting us in the not to distant future.