“my birthday”
Review of Carlo's Restaurant

Carlo's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“my birthday”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

once again we had a excellent meal with great service, a good menu to choose from, and not forgetting the wine.

Visited March 2014

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it either!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We visited Carlos this weekend and this was my 3rd visit in the last 6 months! I came first of all with my mum and sister whilst in wales for the weekend and the food and service was fantastic. I then came back with my husband and our friends and our friend still 'raves' about the food now and tells everyone how fantastic the scollops were and the main course fish! We then visited last weekend, just my husband and I, and we were not let down. I don't normally have fish but I went for the monkfish goujons with a lemon mayo dip and they were beautiful; my husband had the scollops :) I then had chicken and pepper sauce and my husband had the half rack of lamb and they were both fantastic! Unfortunately we were too full for dessert as I could see from other peoples that they were all freshly made and looked lovely...maybe next time I will skip the starter and have a dessert.......... :) The wine is fantastic too as are the staff and how they 'rhyme off' the specials boards is a skill :) We will certainly be going back in the future on our next visit to Wales....roll on the caravan season :)

• Visited February 2014
“Couldn't fault it........”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed to read some poor reviews about this restaurant as we couldn't fault it!! We happened upon this place as I had been recommended to try it by a local resident. We were working at the theatre and needed to eat before going to work, they don't normally open until 5.30pm but agreed to open up early for us, the staff were very friendly and the food was lovely, we enjoyed it so much we went back the following night and as I'd enjoyed the lasagne and sundried tomato and parmesan salad so much I had it again!! We'll definitely be back when we return to the theatre in April.

1 Thank Stiletto64
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Carlo's is hidden down a back street away from the town centre but it's well worth seeking out. We ate on a sunday evening during a long weekend break and were glad we did. The decor and atmosphere make for a relaxing meal and the presence of regular diners is always a good sign. The menu is varied and interesting being slightly different from the majority of Italian restaurants. My pasta was perfectly cooked with a rich tomato sauce and my wife's mushroom dish was pronounced excellent. House wine was good too. Look forward to a return visit. Highly recommended.

“Not great !”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went to Carlo's with friends who had dined there before. Really looking forward to going but very disappointed with the food. Beautiful restaurant. Attentive staff. Decided to try the Porcini Mushroom Risotto. Should have quite strong flavours with the mushrooms, the wine and the parmesan. Maybe they had a different chef doing the cooking on Sunday evening, but the risotto lacked just about everything including the porcini mushrooms. It certainly wasn't seasoned enough and I couldn't taste any wine if it had been added. There may have been the odd porcini mushroom in the rice (which was the colour of porridge) but it didn't taste of anything resembling a risotto. Why were there button mushrooms perched on top. The parmesan shavings were about the best bit of the dish and they were few and far between. All in all, a very poor meal.

1 Thank wmoiraf