The Strand Hotel
Hotels.com
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
$130
  • Beachfront
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
$131
  • Beachfront
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$65
$59
  • Pool
$59
$44
$42
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
$218
$156
$152
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Looking for a weekend away I read an advert in one of the Sunday papers and booked the Royal Hilton at Eastbourne, it looked great value for the two night stay (two nights, dinner Bed and breakfast). We arrived very early and could not book in but were offered complementary Tes or Coffee, which we had along with sandwiches, which were very tasty, fresh and served with a great smile. When we were able to book into our rooms. We were a little disappointed, the room was very basic (bed with no headboard) and the view was overlooking the back alleyway (not nice). We thought with price we paid what should we expect ?. Our Friends room was a little better but still basic.we went for dinner and were surprised by the great service and quality of the food and the choices, the evening got better, the Bar area was more than comfortable, the Service brilliant and the entertainment very good, the whole weekend continued in the same vain, well done Royal Hilton, thank you for a great weekend and we will be back.

Room Tip: Always ring the Hotel direct to seek Sea View, rooms at the back are very small abd basic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hotel looks fine from outside well worn inside
Dinning was worlds apart from master chef as food was so bad, The soup was like a bit of chicken whizzed up & put in boiling water not nice & frozen roast potatoes & veg not cooked just warmed wouldn't cut just tore apart fish like a sludge, I couldn't eat any of it & had to go out for a take away.
Beds so hard did my back in not much sleep.
Staff not too helpfull l was not alone I heard other guests at reception complaining about what I said & others had more problems then me
I use hotels regular never had food or reaction from management like it before none of it was there fault even with lots of bad feed back online.
Non so blind as them that don't see.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank imthemuffinman
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed a few times in Eastbourne, this was my second visit to this hotel.
staff were very helpful, hotel clean & tidy, had to pay a supplement for the
sea view as there was coach party's in.

Entertainment on the 3 nights was very good. only thing really I could find
to complain about was the lounge got very hot. no air conditioning except
for a small unit that was just no good.
Will stay again as had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for our daughters wedding reception and was a fantastic two days
Thanks very much to the staff who went above and beyond in making our stay enjoyble in every way great room, Lovely food

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with my fiance for 1 night. The communal areas are very well maintained (reception, restaurant, conference center). Check in was done very quickly and the lady who served us was very nice. We were able to buy a £1 parking permit from reception in order to park out the front of the hotel. Our room was basic and not very well maintained. I think the hotel could just do a bit more to make the room nicer such as clean the windows. There was a damp patch on the ceiling and the carpets were stained also. However, having said this for 1 night I was ok with it. We had a sea view which was nice and I would recommend this. The location is good a short stroll to the Eastbourne Pier. Breakfast was included and was very nice the staff came and collected the order instead of buffet style. Overall for the price we paid I was happy.

Room Tip: Sea view was nice as could see the pier lit up at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple