All reviews washing machine sky tv executive apartment kitchen area self catering lovely apartment huge tv large double bed art gallery plenty of storage beds were very comfortable sea front night stay town centre enjoyable stay short break beachy head
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a wonderful stay 1/2 board at the Congress again. We were treated like royalty, lovely lovely room, excellent food, breakfast to die for, hot sizzeling bacon and fresh eggs, fresh fruit, all served with care and attention by the excellent staff. I was given a birthday cake and a present from the staff, sung happy birthday - it was lovely. Had drinks in the bar, smashing barman we had a really good time and a laugh.
All went so quickly, but we will be back and soon I hope. Carole and her team make the hotel what it is - so enjoyable. We cannot recomend high enough.

Room tip: Just ask Carole....................... she will provide just what you want if she can.
6  Thank SallieKent
Reviewed August 24, 2013

stayed at this hotel on a four night break from the first moment to the last day of departure
we were made very welcome.nothing to much trouble the staff and managment were great
room was very large and spotlessly clean.
if you want a friendly clean hotel with good food and service near to the theatres and seafront
try it .you will not be dissapointed.

4  Thank pauline f
Reviewed August 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff where so helpful and it continued through our stay nothing was to much trouble food excellent .location near seafront clean spaciousroom.would return here very well organised and friendly staff

3  Thank Denise O
Reviewed August 5, 2013

On Wednesday 31st July my wife and I visisted Eastbourne on an organized coach holiday and stayed at the Congress Hotel. On arrival we were greeted by the manager and provided with refreshments. We were allocated Room 26 situated on the 2nd floor. It was a large twin room with ensiute and overlooked the College grounds opposite. The room was clean bright and well presented. Our stay was on a bed breakfast and evening meal basis and we were not disappointed with any of the meals. The staff were all pleasant and only too pleased to help.
The hotel is accessed by a ramp which facilitates wheelchair users. One of our party had a motorised invalid scooter and she was able to drive down the ramp and into the hotel. The hotel also has rooms on the ground floor to assist people with disabilities. It is situated a short stroll from the seafront and a walk of about 20mins to the town centre. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2013
6  Thank HappytravelerSouthWa
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A 7 night stay with a coach party from the Midlands, coach company and driver excellent and this hotel has been used by the Company for a long time. The hotel was full as two coaches and individuals staying there in mid July. Greeted by a welcome cup of tea as allocated rooms. I thought the hotel public rooms were in quite good condition and although an old hotel, the room allocated to us, was clean and quite large and comfortable. The shower/bath were not a problem for me and was not concerned about only having two soaps for the week as had brought our own shampoo etc. Enjoyed the entertainment in the hotel that was on during the week and all the guests were very friendly. Overall the hotel was very good, but would like to make some comments about the dining room/Service. Breakfast was overall efficiently served, helping ourselves to grapefruit,prunes, cereals, yoghurts etc. Tea / coffee / toast served, most days reasonably quickly. The cooked breakfast was always good and the eggs perfectly done. Generally the hiccups were related to evening dinner service. Usually the table of twos were always served first and later the fours in what appeared to me in an erratic order. I never worked out the system. Usually starters came along reasonably quickly and then the waiters/waitresses disappeared - perhaps they were plating up ? Then some waiters/waitresses would walk around the room but did not seem to be able to 'clear' till everyone had finished, frequently waited half an hour or longer for the main course, the main course was usually reasonable, sometimes not so good and sometimes very good, the dessert came a bit quicker and I have to say I thought the desserts were excellent, the toffee and pecan roulade to die for, the gateaux and cheesecakes superb, in fact all desserts were exceptional, this was followed by coffee or decaf if needed, but only so so. I think this is a fair comment. Many of the waiters/waitresses were pleasant, some less so but maybe the system used to serve up seemed rigid although I realise the restaurant was full. I would certainly stay at the Congress again if I were in Eastbourne as it was situated close the several theatres and the prom/pier and Eastbourne has a good shopping centre.

Date of stay: July 2013