“An Ideal Setting”

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Rochester, United Kingdom
“An Ideal Setting”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We visited the Eastbourne Centre for lunch with my elderly mother-in-law. We had a window seat in the bar with a sea view, as the restaurant is not open at lunchtime, and the food was fine.
There was a good atmosphere, and not too noisy so we were able to have a good conversation.
The service was good, and the place was spotless.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael C
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Michael C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at the Eastbourne Centre.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your lunch and appreciated the atmosphere in the Bar area.
The team here work hard to keep the entire Hotel looking it’s best and I’m further glad you noticed this high level of cleanliness.
Hope you will be back for lunch again sometime in the future.
Matthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We like this hotel.Bang on the sea front,easy parking and friendly staff.We always have a large room with "town views" ,as the saving is quite substantial.Rooms are very clean ,excellent bed linen ,and compact spotless bathrooms.Breakfast if the hotel is busy is a bit of a bun fight,but on this visit the hotel was quiet,and breakfast was relaxed.Its self service,but if you stick to cereal,toast and croissants you can't go wrong.The hotel has been recently updated,but it still has a quirky 1970's feel to it ,which we really like.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul J
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Paul J
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us.
It’s great to read that you continue to enjoy the high level of both cleanliness as well as our great location.
Breakfast can get busy when the Hotel is full and we are now looking to extend the hours of operation to help with this. I was pleased to read that it was a more relaxed affair for your visit this time!
I’m glad you appreciate some of the quirks of the Hotel and we do hope you’ll be back to see us again sometime soon.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Eastbourne Centre and it was just as good as we remembered it. The view from the room is worth paying for alone (especially watching the sun come up over the sea). Our executive room was very comfortable and clean. All the staff very very friendly (especially in the restaurant at breakfast time) and the breakfast was good....coffee was vastly improved since our last visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CitySlicker604
Dear CitySlicker604
Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review of your return visit to the Hotel.
It is always encouraging to hear from our guests who have experienced the hotel more than once and I was delighted to read that this stay was as good as your last!
Thank you in particular for the kind comments about the service received. We aim to provide the best possible level of friendly and professional service and I’m glad that we didn’t disappoint delivering this.
Hopefully you’ll be back for a third time and we can make it a hat trick of positive experiences!
Best regards
Copthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a one night break in Eastbourne and I can honestly say this is the best 3 star hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel and the rooms were clean and tidy, we only had breakfast there but that was superb. Excellent sea views and there was even a library at the hotel, with loads of easy recliners if you fancy chilling out. My only gripe is that we ordered a premier room, and instead of a kingsize bed we had two singles pushed together.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve L
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
It was great to read that you rate us as one of the ‘best’ hotels you’ve stayed at!
Thank you for your comments regarding your breakfast experience and your description of ‘superb’, and I hope you’ll be back to sample some of our other menus when you next stay.
A number of our rooms do have zip & link beds which form to make a Kingsize bed which shouldn’t be noticeable when you sleep on them and I hope you were able to get comfortable in your room.
Thank you once again.
essex
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel bit seventies looking but excellent staff breakfast and bar staff, biggest asset to this hotel is the staff, nice rooms very clean, all round, well done, really great breakfast staff, evening restraunt avoid food no good,!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank markylovescarly
Dear markylovescarly
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent time at the Eastbourne Centre.
I agree that the Hotels greatest asset (second to the great Views) is the team here and I was delighted that you experienced and noted this.
I do note your comment about the food for dinner in the restaurant and I’d like to understand more about what didn’t meet your expectations. Please do feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel so we can discuss.
In the meantime, thank you once again.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This is in a perfect position close to pubs and restaurants and facing the beach. Staff here very good, especially reception. I booked a room on booking.com,and what a bargain it was as we were upgraded to an executive room with sea view and balcony. Very nice room recently refurb ished. This building has an interesting history. Don't be put off by the web site as this is very good, breakfast was freshly cooked to order and excellent.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David H
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of your recent stay with us, it is most appreciated.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your upgraded executive room and appreciated the extra space and views from the balcony.
We are currently developing our new website so have a temporary one in place for the time being and thank you for highlighting this for future travellers.
Finally, thank you for your kind words about the service received and the excellent breakfast!
We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
England
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at various hotels in Eastbourne, but this was by far the best. As a wheelchair user I find quite a few hotels will say they are accessible when they aren't, but this is everything a wheelchair user could ask for - beautiful and stylish room with an equally stylish wet room. Space to manoeuvre my chair wherever I went. Courteous staff who understood what I needed without me having to ask or explain. I was treated with respect and dignity.
They didn't even look shocked when I said I was one of the speakers at the conference I was attending! (Some hoteliers find that one a little mind boggling for some reason. ...)
I'll be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear KMG65
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
We are proud of our accessible rooms and over the years have made a number of changes to ensure that we can cater for the needs of as many guests as possible.
Thank you in particular for saying that you think ‘we are the best’ hotel you have experience as it makes the efforts of the team here even more worthwhile!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.