“Thank you Samer!”
Review of The View Hotel

The View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were so well looked after here, especially by Samer in the restaurant. Our 2 bed suite was amazing and our boys aged 7 and 8 yrs old could both fit in the huge bath and watch TV in one of the bathrooms! We didn't want to leave our room. The rooms are very generous in size and immaculately cleaned and decorated. Our grandma stayed in a very luxurious disabled room with a wonderful balcony and view of the bandstand and pier. Our sea view room had a huge wrap-round balcony too. The quality of food was like that from a top rate hotel and the service was second to none. Samer made our stay very special by giving us all so much attention and making us feel so welcome and relaxed.He has a great sense of humour and was very entertaining. Nothing was too much trouble and our boys (and grandma!) were able to have so much fun. We've already booked to go back next year!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room and a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,694)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

What you read on the tin is just what you get at this hotel...1st class in every way. Our room overlooked the sea and the martello wish tower, and with an adjoining double balcony we had wonderful views all the time. The bed was comfy. Our bathroom had a bath and a separate shower cubicle, fluffy towels and good quality toiletries. One little niggle, there wasn't any ladies disposable toiletry bags.The staff are polite and friendly. The restaurant offers a variety of breakfasts, buffet style continental or full english. Evening meals are served to your table. I am on a wheat free food plan and this hotel kindly provided suitable bread for me. The bar is comfortable and provides tasty snacks. There is occasional evening entertainment, a small dance floor, and a huge tv screen (great for sports fans). The bar is overlooking the sea, and leads out onto a terrace area with seating. The hotel is ideally placed for walking to three theatres. Car parking was available at the road side with a daily parking permit purchased from the hotel. Bus stops were nearby, the journey on the open topped bus to nearby Beachy head is a must. We have already booked to go to this 1st class hotel again next year. YAY.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here late September for 2 nights. Hotel was spotlessly clean, reception welcoming & our room enormous. We had an executive room on a corner overlooking the prom & beach, with 2 balconies. We had the sleeping area then a seating area with sofa, arm chair & coffee table plus side table. Our bathroom had bath & separate walk in shower, plenty of towels & toiletries. The breakfast had a good choice of cooked or cold items, no one needed to go hungry. We ate in the restaurant in the evenings & on our second evening had a slight problem with our steak, this was noticed by the young lady in charge & an alternative dish was offered, but we had already had enough to eat so she offered another bottle of wine. As we had almost finished the one we had, we thought it advisable to pass on that offer!!, but were impressed that an effort was made to sort out the problem. We will have no qualms about eating in the restaurant again on our next visit. The bar was comfortable & welcoming, we had a snack there the afternoon we arrived, very well presented. We enjoyed walking on the pier & exploring eastbourne, quite a nice shopping centre & were able to watch fireworks that evening from our balcony. We will definately return.

Room Tip: Executive rooms on the corners are huge & have 2 balconies, 1 looking straight onto beach &...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After reading some unfavourable reviews I was'nt sure what to expect. But the place is fab, rooms spotless, comfy bed, food lovely and service and friendliness of staff excellent. I didn't have a balcony but I had a room on the top floor with a great seaview, looking towards the peers. Lovely to wake up and see the sea. Would recommend anyone coming down here for residential unite courses. Well worth the travel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at the Centre for two nights and had a corner suite. We thought that the room was exceptional and you would find it hard to better. The service and the attitude of the staff was outstanding. The view from the hotel room was lovely and watching the sun rise in the morning from your bedside has to be a plus.The decor of the suite was calming and tasteful and we even had a tv in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Corner suites are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed here whilst attending a conference in September. I had a lovely spacious room with a balcony and although my room was on the side of the hotel, I could see the pier and the sea from my bed. Each night, I opened the balcony doors wide so that I could hear the sea - just wonderful and so therapeutic! I found all the staff to be friendly and welcoming and could not fault the service. The food was tasty with plenty of choice. I also enjoyed the free wifi in my room. Parking was easy: I bought parking tickets for £1 each (valid until 11am the following morning) and found a space on the seafront just outside the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I ever return to Eastbourne.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AdLucem
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed here before,some years ago but when I booked this time,I couldn't believe my eyes, because of the changes and upgrading to 5 star standard, in all but no swimming pool, or gym'.
Apparently it had the changes made over a three month period during the winter season, at a cost of £3 million, the place was completely gutted and refitted with all the best and most modern fittings, even new lifts.
The service is first class, the food is to die for, in a lovely dining room, served without any waiting by very helpful staff.
They have fully disabled rooms for those who need them (I do), and if you bring a mobility scooter (I did), They look after that for you, take it downstairs to charge it up, bring it up when you're ready to go out, the lot.
Yes I would recomend this place, if you want a comfortable, pampered holiday.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra charge for a balcony room, the views along the front, both ways are excellent...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo