“Food not enough”

Order Online
Ranked #48 of 487 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founded by greengrocer Bill Collison, Bill's serves eclectic British dishes made with fresh and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Waitress service was good efficient well done, only downside was the chicken curry dish was a small portion not enough to fill up and the apple crumble had too little apple and crumble was too hard/dry everything else ok

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

My main dish was tasteless, definitely not fresh, it was still called from the inside which makes me believe it was microwaved, for this price I would expect a decent meal.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

I had a delicious breakfast with my friend. High quality food served well with excellent service. We were not hurried and the waitress was very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed August 31, 2019

We sat outside Bills on Bank Holiday Monday savouring the lovely weather. We had a relaxed meal served by a very attentive waiter who actually looked like he wanted to be there. My son said it was the best meal he had all holiday. We can recomment the breads and mini sausages to start and we enjoyed the chicken and mushroom dish and fish pie both equally delicious. We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

I’m going to start by saying, I love this place.. but not for the food..
Leaving Hampshire at 6am in order to get to Eastbourne, early enough to get an all day parking space never seems a great idea when your alarm goes off at 5.15am with the 3 dogs going mental, knowing that a ‘Stupid’o’Clock’ wake up call, equals an awesome day trip out somewhere..
Arriving at Eastbourne sea front at 7.55am and playing frisbee on a deserted beach for 45 minutes built up quite an appetite for both me, my mum and 3 overly excited hounds.
We attached the leads and set off for Eastbourne Town Centre and breakfast at Bills.
I started this review with ‘I love Bills’ and to explain more, the staff are massively dog friendly, before we we offered drinks, the dogs were given a big bowl of fresh water and despite being damp from the sea, were given huge attention by the waitresses, not for the first time I hasten to add.
Our breakfast order was taken and it seemed not more than 5 minutes later, our food was brought out.
Now, if I had one niggle, it would be scrimping on a breakfast, two rashers of bacon, two sausages, two eggs, for me is what should be on any ‘full english’, breakfast ingredients are not expensive, so why scrimp with the ‘one sausage’ effort.
Sure, costs up, more profit, but really? £10+ for a full english is a lot, considering you don’t get ‘a lot’...
Other than ‘missing sausagegate’ the food was hot, tasty and filled a hole, just could have been sooo much better, especially if the teapot wasn’t half empty and luke warm. The Latte was good, my mum enjoyed her scrambled eggs on toast, although the eggs were very orange, although no dramas, never going to complain about the ‘David Dickenson’ colour..
The dogs had a bone, provide by my local butcher, and were out of the way of other diners, but I love that the place is dog friendly, above and beyond what most places are.
Overall, a nice relaxed, chilled breakfast with lovely staff that were more than they needed to be friendly and helpful, I’d go back again for this, way more than I would for the breakfast.. staff 10/10, food 4/10, must try harder... Oh and I hate a statutory tip, it makes me think, you’re going to take a tip whether I like it or not, and I’d prefer to tip what I want, not what you take without my permission.. 10% maybe optional, but it’s on my bill and unless I tell you to take it off, it’s not optional at all... not good..

Date of visit: August 2019