“TERRIBLE!”

Ranked #53 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
London
“TERRIBLE!”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

A receptionist who was busy biting her nails gave us our room key. There was laundry stacked in the hallway and the lights were strung with cobwebs. Our room was basic with no phone or intercom and the bed headboard was thick with dust. The duvet cover was stained and inside out - had it been changed after the last guest ? We couldn't tell. We paid extra for a seaview room but were actually looking straight into the pier entrance which was busy and fully illuminated until 3am.The hoel had a karaoke bar that was full on until 1pm. Breakfast was basic and tea and coffe were made at 7.30pm and left to stand in. It was an exhausting experience. Overall ? ATROCIOUS.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The room was cheap. The location was good, right on the sea front by the pier. We should have known it was going to be a bad choice. We thought, "It's only one night, we can put up with one night, right? It's just one night..."

Wrong.

The room was a decent size, twin beds. The room was, clean, overall but the carpets looked like someone had spilt bleach over them. We had a room at the back that overooked the barbed wire encrusted back yard. The window had been left open and there were about 10 flies flying around the room. We blasted them with hairspray and wafted them out of the window. We came back to sleep and the room was really stuffy, but too noisy if we had the window open. I got about 2 hrs sleep that night and could feel things crawling on me. My friend woke up with insect bites. The bed covers had black spots on them. The shower was really low pressure because most of the water was coming out of a leak in the pipe.

Apparently the breakfast was good. I wouldn't know as I left at 7am....

The staff were nice though, but I still wouldn't recommend to stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels

Halifax
Reviewed May 22, 2009

From arriving at the Hotel we were made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We booked a sea view and the view did not dissapoint. The room was spotless and the bathroom more than adequate. The heating was on. The breakfast was beautifully cooked and plenty of it. When my mother and I went back to the hotel on the Saturday afternoon and were sat in the lounge we were asked if we would like a cup of tea and were brought a pot of tea for two at no charge. We were central for the shops and restaurants and pubs. Would I go again definitily

• Stayed May 2009
yorkshire
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I recently stayed at the Pier Hotel as a single traveller. The owners (who are new to the hotel) were welcoming and friendly. However, I found the room I stayed in was dingy, dark and the furniture outdated. The room was the size of a box room. Although it did have an en suite bathroom that was adequate, I found the room needed brightening up as it overlooked the back of the other hotels. The heating was on high and when I tried to turn the radiator down there wasn't a knob to turn it lower.
The staff were lovely and you couldn't have asked for a better breakfast. I really do wish them a success with the hotel but the single rooms just need to be brightened up to make it look as though there is more light in there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastbourne
Newmarket Inn
#26 of 40 in Eastbourne
Afton Hotel
Afton Hotel
#18 of 40 in Eastbourne

Been to Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!