“the pier hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pier Hotel

Pier Hotel
Ranked #67 of 78 Eastbourne B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Farnham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff were friendly (when you could find them). There were way too few staff so breakfast was chaotic. They couldn't seem to get anyone's order right. There was never enough of anything put out so people had to wait for more to be brought out. The toaster didn't work properly and everyone had to queue up to do their own toast. There were never enough cups, glasses, butter and bread put out. They should have at least 2 coffee machines on the go as it constantly ran out and we had to wait for fresh to be made. I think they could do with replacing a few things such as toilet seats as ours had a questionable brown stain on it which looked like it was never going to come out. The main ground floor areas were nicely furnished and well presented but the lift area was very shabby and had the feel of being in an inner city high rise. Now for the plus points - the bed was comfortable with immaculate bedding and was freshly made every day. The bathroom was very nice. There was plenty of hot water and the shower pressure was good. Being right opposite the pier meant it was very noisy at night, and there was a noisy club in the hotel basement which is the main reason I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay as near to the top as possible to avoid the noisy club downstairs.
1 Thank Sybs02
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

my wife and i just spent a 3 day break at the pier hotel, fromthe time we checked in until the time we leftthe overall stay was very good,friendly staff good food,comfortable bed,couple bad poinsts if i was bieng picky,when it rains you can have a free shower going through the main door plus the room we stayed in could do whith an update

Eastbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I understand the hotel is under new management so a transition period has to be taken into consideration however a good decorater , carpenter and Carpit fitter is badly needed . The power of listening when a complaint about wether something i s cooked or not is also a requirement

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travelers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels

Diamond Bar B Ranch, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Because of my changing arrangements I ended up staying in three different rooms over the 7 days of my stay. They all need TLC but the new management is working hard daily to fix what needs to be fixed. It won't be perfect for sometime but Rome wasn't built in a day. The right people are in to get it done! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with a hearty full English breakfast, hot tea, toast, juice and cereal what more old you ask for. Loved the management team of Chris, Lee and Maxine they made it friendly and fun. Great value for money and the location is perfect. Thank you guys!

Room Tip: Their sea view rooms are the best in town. Right opposite the pier.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sanjane
Maidstone
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Can't complain too much as our one night stay was a freebie, but we paid for breakfast (£5 each). Knowing about the nightclub underneath, we asked for a seaview room higher up the hotel. This was provided and was a good size with a comfy bed and a good bathroom. We arrived at 10.30pm after a show at the theatre, and the owners offered me a free drink whilst my husband was parking the car somewhere miles away! I didn't get any sleep due to the outside noise from clubbers. It quietened down about 2am, and then the nightclub on the pier chucked out at 3.30am - obviously people with no homes to go to, who continued to shout at each other for ages, finishing with a standup fight involving the bouncers. I watched the sun come up (beautiful) and finally slept for about an hour before going down to breakfast. This was surprisingly good, with plenty of tea/coffee/cereals/juice/toast and a generous cooked breakfast. Cheerful waitresses made this the best part of our stay.
Could be a good hotel if they provided parking, didn't have a nightclub underneath, and wasn't opposite the pier!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms at the back would probably lessen the noise.
Croydon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having asked for a fee reduction because we had no tv or wifi the manager insisted we leave. I refused as my wife was in bed. The manager said he would call the police. A colleague and the manger came to my room and hammered on the door shortly later. I refused them entry as my wife was in bed. They called the police and gave us a full refund but insisted we leave at 10.20pm. With nowhere to go my wife and I left, in the cold rain, with our bikes that did not have lights. My wife and I are both nearly 50 and cannot be considered trouble makers. Do not consider staying here!

3 Thank Sbreen01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastbourne
Premier Inn Eastbourne Town Centre Hotel
#20 of 78 in Eastbourne
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#19 of 78 in Eastbourne

Been to Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!