“Great staff but noisy”

Premier Inn Eastbourne Hotel
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had room 1 next to carpark - doors slamming etc kept us awake - did not realise about the sleep garentee - staff good - did not try the dining - good location - no biscuits in room and we had a twin which was a pull down bed and for £90 I think expensive

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Eastbourne Hotel

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a typical premier inn. Quite good value for money, and breakfast is OK. This hotel is somewhere to stay on route to somewhere else, or if you just need somewhere comfortable to sleep. I would stay again but only for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ECL100
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. They offered to get taxi quotes to our venue,provided magazines and a much needed sewing kit! and printed maps to help us get from the wedding to the reception. The evening meal and breakfasts at the Mill were excellent too-lots of choice. Clean and comfortable. You do awake to a little traffic noise if you have your window open but there are fans provided for hot weather so you can choose to shut the window

Room Tip: The rooms facing the car park have less traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

You always know what you're getting with a Premier Inn. This one was adequate with a very friendly clerk at reception. We had a good night's sleep and there was little road noise. The disappointing part was the pub next door where the tables were sticky, the food average and the service lacking with a surly barmaid and a waiter who cleared away the glass before we had finished our wine. A training course on service is required!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Firstly, I have been working in this area al week, staying in a different Premier Inn each night for 7 nights. I have to say, in the week, this has been the nicer one.

Split over 3 floors (there is a lift for the upper 2 floors) the bedrooms follow the standard format - shower over bath, en-suite bathroom, tv with freeview. Free tea and coffee in your room with a small kettle.

The restaurant is across the car park. Please note the portions are huge. A starter of nacho's and cheese was that big, my colleague had to save 1/2 and take away with him. They also have lots of offers, 2 for £10 etc. American/grill/steakhouse style place. I had some tortilla wraps to start, which were nice and spicy and a 'square chicken burger' big enough to slow you down for a while :)

Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My main gripe is with the food from the pub opposite. As my trip was work related my company had booked the hotel. I have stayed in numerous Premier Inn's and was looking forward to ordering some food and relaxing in my room after a hard day at work. A 'meal deal' option was not available at this hotel and my company had supplied their credit card details to the pub on the same site for an evening meal and breakfast. I can not express how strong my feelings of disappointment are, I ordered a prawn cocktail starter and a chicken and bacon salad for my main meal, this including a lemonade came to just under £13, I took it to my room, looking forward to enjoying my supper while relaxing. The prawn cocktail was fine but the chicken and bacon salad was disgusting to the point that I could only bear to try it before retching. When I collected my food I could see into the kitchens which looked very basic and less than desirable, I wonder if this was part of the reason I felt like being sick after tasting the processed rubber chicken. I would not stay at this hotel again due to the food from the pub opposite. I went to bed hungry the night I stayed and I could not even face breakfast as I did not want to take the risk of it being made to equal quality as the salad!. I have advised my head office that I do not wish to stay at this Premier Inn again due to the food opposite and from reading other reviews, this Premier Inn is loosing a lot of business due to the pub on the same site, in this failing economic environment I would suggest merely 'passing this information on' may not be enough to retain your valued customers.

Room Tip: Here's a tip for choosing a good room - go to Premier Inn Eastbourne - Polegate as I believe the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very clean room, really helpful and friendly staff, convenient location! Great value for a bargain night stay.

Room Tip: Try to avoid ground floor- all guests walking in and out have to go past your rooms. Must be very no...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple