“flying visit”
Review of Savoy Court Hotel

Savoy Court Hotel
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed February 10, 2014

stayed at this hotel last wednesday. Booked at short notice for family funeral and arrived quite late. Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. single room was clean and bed very comfortable although en-suite was a little cramped and on the small side. Breakfast was well cooked but didnt fill my son.
Overall it was a pleasant experience in upsetting circumstances and would use this hotel again for visits to Eastbourne

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the warm welcome I received on my arrival right through to my departure all the staff were friendly and helpful, my room was clean and and comfortable, the food was plentiful and excellent. Overall my experience was most pleasurexcellent holidayable and I look forward to a future visit

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat G
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Pat G,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and your holiday. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with everything you expected. We look forward to seeing you next year.

All the best.

Jack Taylor

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here on a coachtrip. Room at the top v small . Two in room and Twin beds but only 1 extremely small bedside table and chair in the room and wind howling through window surrounds . Only 1 bath towel each no hand towel and not changed all week. Watch out you will have to pay for any more than 4 v small milk sachets for 4 coffee and tea portions and 20p extra each for any more!!. Breakfast ok but v greasy . Evening meals edible although cod mornay very "grey" and potatoes all uniform but the puddings look and taste like iceland basics ( Strawberry cheesecake, Strawberry Gateauxs cut into 4 so 25p worth each). Waiting staff leaning over customers and looked scruffy with holes in jumpers. Lots of noise from nightclubbers walking past in the early hours

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank poppygran65
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

poppygran65,

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate all feedback.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately the size of the rooms and things like windows are things we are unable to modify in the hotel due to the restrictions set in place by the hotel's Grade 2 Listed building status. Therefore, I am sorry you were uncomfortable in your room. We may have been able to move you to somewhere larger had you mentioned the issue to a member of staff.

Bath towels are changed on request every two days. I apologise if you did not receive that message.

Free tea and coffee is provided in all rooms and topped up every morning by the housekeeping staff. In addition surplus tea and coffee is provided at breakfast and dinner and upon your arrival. The small cost incurred for additional tea and coffee is to prevent guests taking unfair advantages of free services.

Thank you for your comments on the food. I will pass this onto our catering team. We rarely receive negative comments about our food, in fact they are mostly positive, never the less, we will take this on board and use it to provide you and future guests with better service.

With regards to the waiting staff. None of our staff wear jumpers whilst serving. All employees where black or white shirts whenever they in the presence of guests. We understand the importance of being presentable.

The Savoy Court Hotel is in a very central location. Close to the town centre for shops and restaurants as well as being only 100 yards from the seafront and the pier. Unfortunately, any establishment lucky enough to be so close to the pier and seafront does experience some disruption from the party goers leaving the nightclub situated on the end of the pier. Had you stayed at any of the other hotels close to the pier area or seafront you would have experienced the same thing. I can only apologise for this but it is out of our control.

Again, I thank you for your comments about the hotel. We take all comments on board and use them to improve our services to future guests.

I would happily talk to you further about the issues you had. I have left my contact details below.

Best regards,

Jack Taylor (Director of Sales)
01323 723132
jack.taylor@savoycourthotel.co.uk

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is very close to the beach and pier. Breakfast was basic but nice, lots of shops close by. But the room was very small not enough room to swing a cat.eastbourne is a lovely town with miles of sandy beaches and lots of things to do

• Stayed: March 2013
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Steve R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The chefs will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food. Eastbourne is full of things to do and the Savoy Court Hotel is very central to everything going on in the town. I am sorry to hear that you found the size of the room an issue. Unfortunately, because the hotel is a Grade 2 listed building, we are unable to expand the size of the rooms as much as we would like to. However, we feel that, because of this, the hotel has a sense of character about it that many guests seem to enjoy.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Jack Taylor (Director of Sales)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

A very nice stay at a well run hotel where the staff were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Eastbourne. It is well positioned near the seafront and pier with easy parking on the front. The meals are of good quality and there is a nice bar and even a garden at the rear.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roger G
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Roger G,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate all comments on our service. I am glad our staff were able to assist you during your stay. I am also glad that you enjoyed the meals and liked our bar and garden.

Once again, thank you for your positive response to our services and we really appreciate your recommendations.

We hope to see you in the future and wish you all the best.

Kind Regards
Jack Taylor (Sales and Marketing Admin)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and to be honest for the price I was not expecting much. However when I arrived I was gladly proven wrong. Great location, so close to the seafront, town centre and loads of lovely restaurants and bars. The room was a good size, clean and modern. The staff were friendly and more than happy to help when we had any questions. I was very pleased with my stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JKM343
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff will always do the very best they can for our guest's needs and go to extra lengths to ensure guest satisfaction. Our rooms have been recently redecorated and I am glad you liked them. Our housekeeping team do an outstanding job in maintaining the cleanliness of our guests rooms and are always pleased that people appreciate their work. Thank you for recommending us. It means a lot to us that you would recommend us.

Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Very kind regards,

Jack Taylor
(Sales and Marketing Administrator)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really close to the sea and exceeded expectation in terms of what we were expecting when booking. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially the manager. The public seating area was very comfortable and had a nice view of the street. The back garden area was very pleasant and relaxing place for a bit of tea. Highly recommended for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Waseem_007
SavoyCourtHotel, Owner at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that our staff were helpful and friendly. I am thankful that your appreciated our garden area as it is something we have spent a lot of time on to look as good as possible. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kind regards,

Sajjad Shah (Owner/ Manager)