“Was okay for a night at the reduced rate”
Review of Savoy Court Hotel

Savoy Court Hotel
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were collecting our daughter from University so needed to stay in Eastbourne for one night. I found a newspaper offer for this hotel £50 a room per night without breakfast. It was £6 cheaper than the travelodge so we booked it.On arrival the the owner? was very friendly, very informative and polite.Although I was a little disappointed that the reception was actually the lounge bar! First bonus was that there was a lift! But on entering the room I was disappointed. The uplighter on the ceiling gave poor light, the room was quite small.It was 2 singles joined together and we spent the night rolled into the join.As the room was small and was 2 singles, we only got one bedside table.The wardrobe and drawers were 'tired' white MFI furniture. The carpet was lovely and probably new.The bathroom was small and dated with the shower in an alcove. The kettle (travel kettle) andcups was on a shelf by the bathroom and didnt look especially clean.The room seemed dust free and reasonably clean though there were 2 dead bluebottles on the windowsill?? Personally, I dont like the tv on the wall, and it was. This hotel had a lovely 'beer' garden at the back, which was a surprise. It was beautifully laid out and with seating. According to the newspaper this room should have been £75 with breakfast, (optional at £7 each)the breakfast would have to be very good for that price. We had a lovely breakfast elsewhere for £5.50 each.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorrymac

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Enjoyable stay, room was good standard, staff and owner more than helpful, plenty to eat at breakfast, would go back again to this good value hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank diane r
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were fortunate to find a parking spot, right outside the Hotel. On entering, we were greeted by the owner. He was most courteous, as were his staff. He offered us a drink in the lounge, after our journey and were waited upon by a very pleasant young man.
Our room was basic but very clean and I can honestly say, I slept better than I had for a long time.
We stayed for two nights, Friday and Saturday. There was entertainment by rather an elderly duo but their music was most enjoyable. The breakfast offered was substantial with options for extra, if required. When it was time to leave for home, we knew we had found a hotel we would have no hesitation to revisit.
Well done to all the staff!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mr_Anoymous
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was an unplanned impromtue mini break with friends. We found the staff very helpfull in unloading and securing a parking place for the car. Not knowing the area and on a first visit, they explained the local attractions and places of interests suitable for our stay. The rooms were clean and accessible the Hotel was extremely well situated for the town, beach and railway station. The staff were very helpfull in directing us to the restaurants that suited our price and choice of food. All points taken into consideration we spent a very enjoyable three days there and would certainly visit again and have no hesitation in reccomending this hotel.

Alan Sinclair

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter
1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Please read previous review,Best Trip Ever dated Aug 2011 first. Just returned from our second five day visit to this hotel and It's now even better. First thing we noticed was that the front of the hotel has been painted,it now looks a million dollars.Our room (15) was recently decorated and had been beautfully done,all spick and span,towels and bed linen as immaculate as last time. The garden at the rear has had a lot of work put into it to make a wonderful little haven for smokers and non smokers alike. Given a little time this will develop into something really nice. The food here is exceptional even our coach driver was 'blown away', a wonderful and varied selection superbly cooked each night. The staff here, without exception,are brilliant,nothing is too much trouble. We had an absolutely brilliant time again and can't wait to return.When I read some of the negatives posted on here I cannot believe we have stayed at the same hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BIGDXL
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We chose to stay in the Savoy Court Hotel as Yell.com indicated that it was one of the closest hotels to the wedding reception venue we were due to attend on the night of Saturday 9 June 2012. We were fortunate to find a parking space virtually opposite the hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and imnmediately sorted out our 24 hour car parking permit so we were free to roam Eastbourne. The double room was very nice, right at the top of the building, with a beautiful view of the attractive hotel back gardens which, unfortunately, because of the rain, we were not able to take advantage of. My only small gripe was the lack of a mirror within reach of the plug socket (the wind had certainly made its mark on my hair that day and badly needed the attention of a hairdryer) but the ever-helpful receptionist obliged with ensuring that a large mirror was placed in our room when we returned from our walk. Very nice touch and much appreciated. The bathroom was on the cosy side but no problem if you are only staying for a couple of nights. The bed was very comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep. The hotel is very attactive from the outside and I would definitely stay there again if I was in Eastbourne. It's in a great location too - just off the promenade and in easy reach of all the shops and the marvellous Crown and Anchor pub round the corner.

Room Tip: Our room (34 on the third floor) was quite a hike up the stair (if you didn't want to take the l...
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this place last week during our charity bike ride to Birighton. We arrived late pm desperate for a shower and rest. We were given the keys after having to pay up front and went to our rooms - basic, but to be expected for a 2*.
I went straight to the shower and switched on - no hot water!! My black top had fallen on the floor in the bathroom and when I picked it up it was covered in hair and dirt. I then took a closer look at everything and found it was the dirtiest place I had ever stayed. The worst thing was around the toilet, the toilet brush was covered in excrement, disgusting!
I went and asked the manager what had happened to the water and to come and look at the room. He said the water would be on soon and what did I expect from a 2* hotel!! I said I expected hot water and a clean room!
He was really horrible with no manners at all, he even accused me of being a 'professional' - trying to get the room for free!! I had not mentioned anything about money!
He said he would send a cleaner up but this never happened of course. I am amazed this awful place gets so many good comments. We sayed in lots of other places on our ride which were fantasic, clean and friendly and alot cheaper than this dump. Savoy????? There were even plastic sheets on the beds!!

1  Thank ldc63