“Stopped for a coffee and ate like Kings”
Review of Rosetto

Rosetto
Ranked #17 of 422 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had the opportunity to take our youngest son for dinner but only had a two hour window between 17:00hrs-19:00hrs so many of the restaurants in Eastbourne were not yet open. It was our 13 year old son who chose this one and it was the charming and sociable, but still professional attitude of the Maitre De (Gentleman by the name of Kay) that attracted us in to this charming restaurant in the center of town.
This will definitely be a must visit venue on future trips to Eastbourne. You could not wish for more personable service.
I have to admit that I was cynical when first looking at the menu as there appeared to be so much choice for a small venue and therefore, I was suspicious that quality may suffer. This was absolutely NOT the case.
We all ordered different choices for starter and everyone was thrilled with what turned up. The calamari were fresh and delicately battered and a decent size portion. The Baby Squid in a tomato sauce were equally fresh and rewarding as was the mozzarella on the Tricollori salad. We also shared olives which were good quantity as well as quantity and garlic bread. All of these starters came with a good quality salad as dressing, not the beaten-up lettuce leaf that we have so often come to expect.
Main courses were pizza (which the son, who is something of an expert, rated very highly), Lasagna (which was graded exceptional by the wife) and a Chicken Ceaser Salad which was greatly enhanced by the quality of the chicken and anchovies.
We were sufficiently over indulged that we shared one dessert between us, which was a special for the evening of Stem Ginger Cheesecake and have to say it was exquisite when rounded off with good quality coffee.
Thrilled is probably the correct term for overall impression of the food, because not only was it of exceptional quality but the presentation, of all the dishes, significantly surpassed what you would normally expect in a restaurant in such a location and price range.
I can not speak highly enough of this restaurant which would put many West End 'Wanabees' to shame, the more so as it is such exceptional value.
I wish the owners/management every success and we will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Friendly welcome, cosy venue. I had the mackerel starter which was excellent and my wife had the sea bream and that was very good but the steak I had for main was just stunning with chips to die for. On the recommendation of the staff my wife had the new recipe clementine cheesecake and the look on her face as she ate it reflected its quality and flavour - it was sublime. The Italian twist creme brulee was mouth watering.

1  Thank Derek G
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food is always good and very good value too, especially the pre-theatre menu (before 7:00 PM). Good, friendly service and a lovely, relaxed atmosphere make Rosetto a particular favourite.

Only small things spoil the picture (and stop me awarding top marks), like the door to the Gents toilet that is hanging off it's hinges. Next time I go there I'll take a screwdriver.. And, yes, there will be a 'next time' because we like it too much to be put off by small niggles.

2  Thank Simon D
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The coffee here is fantastic, the staff are charming and the food it brilliant. I arrived on Tuesday and left on Saturday and ate here every day. They do take away food as well as coffee and they treat you well. I wasn't exactly keeping to a budget but they do a great lunchtime deal of any pizza or pasta for a fiver along with a pre-theatre menu.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

After checking reviews decided to opt for Rosetta prior to the theatre. Highly recommend. We chose from the Pre-Theatre Menu which I think was between £9.95-£11.95. Three of us had the garlic bread which was the best I've ever tasted and the other had the mozarella and tomato which was very nice. We all chose lasagne for the main course which was absolutely delicious and very generous portion sizes. The staff were delightful and the atmosphere was very relaxed. All in all a very good experience and I will certainly go there again on our next theatre trip.

1  Thank Debbie E