Imperial Hotel
$89
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
$129
  • Beachfront
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$149
$130
  • Beachfront
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$61
$43
$42
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
$217
All reviewsrobinsons holidaysdriver pauldining roommeal timesevening mealcoach tourturkey and tinselmince piesshower roompremier roomhalf boardolder generationserved hotband standour waiterwould recommend this hotel to anyoneexcellent hotel
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Bought a voucher for bed, breakfast & evening meal for two for nights. A very clean hotel, great big bedroom and bathroom and very comfortable. I had read bad reviews about this hotel but I can only comment on my experience. We had a great weekend a trip down memory lane for my mum as she honeymooned with my dad in Eastbourne. The hotel was lovely, very classic and looked newly decorated. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to be helpful. The restaurant staff were very friendly and remembered each of their guests. The food was sufficient for myself and my mum but may be a bit on the small side for a man. The meals were a little bit dated but nevertheless okay.
It was a good weekend at a lovely hotel and entertainment too in the evening. the staff great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lelly6
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I went on November 10th, for a two night stay, on a woucher deal. We were greeted at reception with "Happy New Year". The whole hotel was completely decked out for Christmas. We then discovered the hotel does Turkey & Tinsel weeks from the beginning of October and we had arrived on New Year's Day. The staff take this seriously wishing guests, depending on the day, a merry Christmas etc. We were informed that dinner was at 6.15, not from 6.15 but at exactly 6.15. This is far too early for us. Breakfast again was served at precisely 8.00am.The hotel could do with being more flexible on this, having a two hour slot in which to eat, for example.The room was very small, but was spotless, despite the carpet being worn. The light switch on one side of the bed was inaccessible, as it was behind the wardrobe. The shower cubicle was very small and awkward to use with a large hand rail attached to the wall. There was plenty of hot water though. The bed was fine with spare pillows and blankets in the wardrobe. Tea/coffe making facilities and a tv were all there. Whilst having a drink in the bar, we were called for dinner. At the entrance to the restaurant, was hygenic hand wash machine, very odd and a little off putting. The deal we were on entitled us to a 3 course dinner each evening. The menu is a little restrictive, very unimaginitive and a little like stepping back into the 70s. Do not order the salad - this consists of sliced red onion, a little radiccho and little diced green and yellow pepper. The chicken breast was obviously cooked prevoiusly and stored on a very cold fridge. There was no dressing and no offer of a dressing. The asparagus soup was so bland, I only knew it was asparagus because it said so on the menu. There was no salt/pepper on the table which was so small, there was no space for a wine glass. There were however, it being New Year's Day, party hats and streamers on the table. The cheese and biscuits consisted of 3 crackers and 3 small slices of chees. No butter or grapes/celery etc. My husband's steak pie was very nice though. Breakfast was a glass of fruit juice OR a small bowl of cereal OR a small bowl of grapefruit segments followed by an English breakfast Or boiled eggs etc. The full English was 1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, half a tomato, 1 egg, a small spoonful of baked beans and a quarter of a slice of fried bread. Toast was served but no choice og white or brown, just white. Amazingly, we then had to pick what we wanted for our evening meal. The veg were very overcooked almost to the point of being mush, however the brocolli was burnt as well. Portions are very small. The hotel client base is mainly OAPs and they appear to cater to them and ignore everyone else. In the bar, you can pay by card but they do not have a machine so you have to go to reception to pay. You cannot charge anything to your room.That said the staff were very friendly and very helpful. They were eager to serve you. The hotel is well situated and they offer parking for £1 per 24 hours, available from reception. All in all, very average all round and nothing to write home about. I would have been more upset, if I had paid full price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gill T
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have just returned from a weekend at the Imperial. Had a lovely time. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the food was good if a little small in portion size and the position was good.We had no shower in our bathroom and nowadays I dont think this is acceptable. We did find shower rooms in the corridors but who wants to take all their things to a communal shower room.Although this hotel mainly caters for older people there were quite a lot of younger people presumably on deals and if they wish to attract these people they really need wifi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel has got potential. The rooms need updating, the shower cubicle are too small.

The restaurant staffs can do with some training. The furniture are old and uncomfortable.

The majority of the guests are the elderlys.

Will never go near this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank willowsticks
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I would like to be sitting here writing a glowing review of this hotel but unfortunately i cant as the Reservations department rang me up 2 days before our weekend to say they could not honour the booking due to a large party cancelling and as such would be closed on the sunday.They did say we could bring our date forward a day or move us to another weekend neither of which was viable at such short notice.Especially as i had already spent nearly £100 on Rail tickets and my wife and myself had booked these days off from work. Luckily at this time of year it was possible to book another hotel but it has left me over £100 out of pocket as i had to pay extra for room and evening meals (The meals had been included in the Imperials' price). So for me not a good experience of the Holdsworth hotel group.In my view the hotel could have moved us to a different hotel and offered to repay costs incurred

Room Tip: Try another Hotel first
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple