Hydro Hotel Eastbourne
$43
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
$129
  • Beachfront
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$68
$56
  • Pool
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$159
$130
  • Beachfront
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
$216
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$55
$60
$58
$49
$47
Agoda.com
$155
$151
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Restaurant
1,008 results
All reviewscrystal restaurantcroquet lawnafternoon teacrystal dining roomcream tea in the conservatoryputting greensea viewbeachy headconservatory restauranttraditional hotelold fashionedsconeslovely hotelmain restaurantoutdoor poololder peopleshort break
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was my 4th visit and God willing will be back. The room my daughter and I had was spotless and quite roomy. The staff............from reception to cleaner were all very helpful and pleasant. I have put this under "friends" as that is what my daughter and I are! The hotel is very quiet and sedate - just ideal if you need your batteries recharged. I would agree that most of the guests seem to be "getting on" but this did not detract from a great holiday. The food in the restaurant was a delight. The presentation spot on and some of the desserts left me in awe of the chef.

Room Tip: We book a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here one night on business, got to say was impressed and i am not a easy customer.
The staff are just great and so helpful
Like the idea that in reception they had two phones to dial direct to separate cab companies.
If there is a fault its in the evening they could do with some background music to raise a atmosphere. As sitting on the easy chairs enjoying my drink was a bit sombre without a bit of music .
Well done to all the staff!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Right I will get straight to the point, I do not think this is a hotel for the younger client. It was my 53rd Birthday over the weekend we stayed there and I was one of the youngest there. Most of the clients were in there 70's or beyond and they are well geared up to service this age group. If you can get passed that ageist remark or prejudice, you will find one of the nicest hotels in Eastbourne.

Its a hotel that is stuck in a time gone by, silver service and a tie and jacket for dinner (not obligatory), waiter/waitress service for almost everything, afternoon tea, chandeliers and a croquet lawn and we loved every minute of it!!

The food was good to excellent and with a good wine list made our dinner most enjoyable, breakfast was again a silver serviced affair with a mixed good menu. One thing to note that the waiter/waitress service was excellent/faultless, in fact I have not been served as good as that in a long time!!

If I had one criticism to make that would be Sunday afternoon tends to get a bit packed in the hotel with people having lunch and afternoon teas and as we came down to dinner at 6:45 it was very clear they had been stretched and the conservatory was a mess, food on tables and floor and unfortunately my wife managed to sit in some food with her new dress!

Apart from that we had a great time and if you are reading this in your 30's 40's give it try you may like it, its great fun getting dressed for dinner.

Room Tip: Definately worth the extra for a Sea View Room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Visited this hotel on a two night package with our dance club. Bed, breakfast and evening meal. Rooms very clean and spacious. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Good choices and well presented. Staff very efficient. Only criticism is that on arrival on what must have been the hottest day of the year our room had the heating on!!! We had nightly dances in The Wedgewood rooms and the view from the terrace of a full moon over the English Channel was stunning. Swimming pool was open and heated to a nice temperature and not too busy either. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This place is primarily run for the elderly, nothing wrong with that at all, the food and service were both a good average.....3 course sunday lunch £19... bottle of mid range wine £23..but .at almost 50 i was by far the youngest in the restaurant....in fact even the waiter called me "young man"... its certainly an experience,,,,if you have mums and dads to buy lunch for...this is the place to bring them...they'll feel right at home

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family