“Wedding Reception”
Review of Cavendish Hotel

Cavendish Hotel
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We attended a family wedding reception and found the food excellent considering there were some 140 Guest. Plenty of well trained staff and food Main Course Roast Turkey served Piping hot.
Would highly recommend this venue which is nicely situated on the sea front.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John C
There are newer reviews for Cavendish Hotel

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Bank holiday week in Eastbourne at the Cavendish Hotel was full. The staff was so organized everything ran smooth, no matter what your request was. My husband and I had room 314 and enjoyed the sea view , which if you sat up , you could sea from your bed it was that close, The bandstand was across the road so we had free entertainment until 9-oclock when something was on. The evening meal was gorgeous, cooked to perfection every night without fail. The hotel was spotless .Our room was enormous, it had tea coffee and hot chocolate to drink with biscuits. Fresh bottles of spring water were left daily. and we had a empty fridge in our room which we even put sandwiches in as well as drinks Our bathroom white towels were the thickest and fluffiest I have ever used,(seriously I couldn't believe the quality and I have been all over the world.. They also left us Dental Kits, shower caps. razor kits. sewing kits. shampoo. conditioners, hand and body lotion. The bathroom was a wetroom for the shower which was fantastic.The only complain I have it was £5 pounds a day to use there wifi .Loved Eastbourne will return .

Room Tip: No need to worry about noise if you want a sea view room as the windows have an extra double glaze w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leelogs1
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently had Sunday lunch and it was not a happy visit. I will say the service was excellent, as always. The Head Waiter, however, was not as attentive as he should have been. Seemed to think that he was King of the Castle and therefore walked around with his nose in the air. Never saw him approach any of the visitors for lunch nor the large party celebrating a special occasion. Mind you when regulars came in he was there immediately pampering them. So I would just say that the food, on this particular day, was not hot, undercooked and not enough given. None of the staff nor the Head Waiter came around to check with each table 'if everything was okay'. For a 4* Hotel, not acceptable as far as I am concerned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Annabel C
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had a lovely stay in Eastbourne with my husband, son and mother this past weekend.

Booked the hotel through booking.com, and they were the last 2 rooms available. One was on the 2nd floor, and the other on the 4th floor. Quite understandable, as they were the last 2 rooms. To my surprise the rooms were quite spacious. One bigger than the other. Non the less, quite big, clean and welcoming. Tea and coffee making facilities. All the toiletries you need.

It rained on our first day. So we spent most of the day in the hotel bar and lobby. There is a library if you need some quiet time. And a mezzanine floor that you can sit and unwind overlooking the lobby and reception area.

Breakfast was most pleasant. Friendly, and very on the ball.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and would stay here again if I was ever in Eastbourne.
The only problem I, and my husband experienced was at times the Eastern European staff were brash to the point of being rude. At times emphasising that certain things were not included in the price of our stay. (Coming across as if we could not afford the extras) This might be the hotel policy. But not put across in the most friendly manner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here 20 th and 22 nd August, The staff were very attentive and helpful we had room 117
It was excellent lots of space both in the main room and bathroom..We had our own balcony which overlooked the beach and at night we listened to the entertainment from the bandstand. Breakfast was lovely,as too was the evening meal in the dining room which I thought was good value at 18.95 pounds Could not fault this hotel I even treated myself to a massage at pebbles where I was told the keep appointments especially for guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Having stayed at several hotels over the years along Eastbourne seafront during the Airbourne weekend we have returned 3 times to The Cavendish. The staff are all very welcoming and even during this busy weekend nothing is too much trouble.
Our room is always clean and fresh with various teas, coffee and hot chocolate supplied with kettle and biscuits (always welcome after a long day on the beach!)
Breakfast is always a very relaxing experience with attentive staff and good choice of breakfast foods and drinks.
The only frustrating issue is that there is a charge for the wifi in the hotel. It's free on the beach, in local bars and restaurants but not in the hotel ?
Having said this We have already booked our rooms for next year and look forward to our stay. Roll on August 2014.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Booked two night stay to meet up with friends.They had wanted hotel with it's own car park, but the hotel charges £4.00 a day to park in it.When we first looked at it online the price was more than we wanted to spend but decided £143.00 for BB per night for two would be worth it for comfort and classy hotel.
We were very disapointed an old style hotel, rooms plain and tired looking as was the rest of the place.Not sure how photo's done. Sorry would not recomend the place. Our bedroom was very big, but with a very small bathroom. Breakfast was very nice, but don't ask for porridge.
I dont feel it is worth the money it costs to stay there.

Room Tip: lower floor as lift is very slow and there is only one
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends