“Fantastic breakfast”
Review of The Hidden Cellar Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hidden Cellar Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for somewhere to eat and drink whilst visiting Eastbourne, make Hyde Gardens Eastbourne your choice and visit our fully licensed Restaurant. You can enjoy beautiful seasonal food and great wine, making our venue a great choice no matter the celebration.... Or time of day, because whether you need breakfast; lunch; dinner; snacks or a drink, we can cater for you.If you like microwave meals... please stay at home as we don’t microwave anything here! If you enjoy high quality freshly cooked meals with fresh seasonal ingredients (using local produce) then The Hidden Cellar Restaurant is just for you. We offer superb food in a cosy romantic setting, and you can be confident of a high food hygiene rating.Many consumers are now conscious of buying locally and supporting their local businesses. We are no different. We believe in meeting the environmental and ethical needs of our customers and sourcing products from local sources because we want to support other local businesses where possible.Are you a frustrated food allergy sufferer?We offer a flexible menu and are happy to cater for those who have requirements that would normally leave you frustrated when looking for catering options. We are happy to provide meals for those who have dietary requirement (not restricted to) lactose intolerance; dairy free; gluten free; nut allergy etc.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have visited Will's many times for a nice early morning breakfast and they have all been great. The staff are always helpful and the owners are a real charming couple who work hard to make this place what it is. I do like quality food and when i come here i know my food is going to be fresh and prepared to order not reheated or cooked before hand and kept warm like so many other places. As a coffee lover I can't stand rubbish coffee and I am pleased to say Wills serves the good stuff! Their prices are very good to and the small setting is great for a more intimate occasion, although I also tend to have my business meetings here as its not packed and uncomfortable like other places.

With two children and no on hand baby sitting we haven't yet had the chance to dine in the evening but cant wait to do so soon. Gutted we missed the man creche at Christmas, i would have loved to have been dropped off in here!

Andy C, Owner at The Hidden Cellar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review. Hopefully you'll get the chance to try our evening menu shortly. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Apologies for the delay in this review
I took my wife along for a Valentines treat. We have been for a few wonderful Brunches over the last year and thought it was about time we tried them out in the evening and what better night to do it!
We were relatively early Diners and were greeted by a really friendly waitress. On arrival at the table noticed that all tables had a single rose labelled Take me Home which was a really nice touch. We then ordered driks whilst looking at the 'Valentines Menu' There were I think 4 choices for each of the 3 courses.
I have to say that all the food was delicious and at all times served by a very attentive waitress with a great smile and sense of humour. At no time did we have to wait ages between courses it was paced perfectly. There was a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant with all the tables for two having a great evening.
So in summary we can say that we had a great evening, with great food served by friendly staff what more could we wish for!
I'd like to add that on returning home I was thinking how reasonable the night had been and on a second look at the bill discovered that I had been undercharged for my wine by £10 so I was straight back on the phone to pay what was due. Now I might not have done that had I not had such a lovely time!
Definately go along to Wills as they really deserve to do well! Thank you

1  Thank Keith B
Andy C, Owner at The Hidden Cellar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We're glad you had a good time on Valentine's day.

Also, thank you for phoning to pay the extra £10 for your wine. It's greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm sad to report that the experience had gone right down. I visited for midweek dinner. I found the menu choices boring compared with a previous visit. It appeared the same as lunch but a few quid added on. I opted for a burger which isn't what I'd visit will's for. Burger itself was lovely, but came with homemade slaw which was shredded veg... Dry. No mayo mixed in. I had been looking forward to my visit all week and was disappointed. Last time I had pigeon breast and a lovely chicken dish with a bed of beans. Maybe I should have gone at the weekend as menu seems better for this.

1  Thank Bikermum79
Andy C, Owner at The Hidden Cellar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Currently we have a more simplified menu Monday to Thursday which we have found is more popular during the week. There are always plenty of "specials" included as well. The menu on Friday & Saturday evening still includes items like pigeon breast, steak, venison etc, as it did when you visited previously.

We're glad you enjoyed our homemade burgers. The coleslaw is also homemade and there is always additional mayonnaise available if required.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon and can assure you that the weekend menu still has the same types of items that you mentioned although changes each week depending on what is in season and available locally.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Will's Restaurant was a wonderful find for lunch in Eastbourne. It is right in the centre and easy to find in Hyde Gardens even though you have to go down a number of stairs to find the entrance.door. When you step inside you find a very cosy atmosphere with welcoming staff. The lunch menu was varied but there was a much more extensive dinner menu. My husband chose ham, egg and chips and I chose the home-made fishcakes - everything was delicious - especially the ham and all very reasonably priced. We will be making a return visit for dinner.

Andy C, Owner at The Hidden Cellar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your great review. Hopefully we'll see you for dinner soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to Wills for our Valentines meal. We were met at the door and showed to our table, complete with candle and cut rose. Nice touch. The meal was delicious and service was friendly and not overbearing. We had a lovely evening and recommend you give this place a try. Well done.

Andy C, Owner at The Hidden Cellar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review. We're glad you enjoyed your valentine's meal. We look forward to seeing you again soon.