“Have always left happy and VERY satisfied!”

Athens Greek Restaurant & Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 414 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Greek Restaurant. Tasty, authentic, homemade food with friendly service at reasonable prices.full ala carte menu, no gimmicks just real home cooked food, speciality steaks, and the best kleftiko, moussaka this side of the planet. 53 years trading same family, and still going strong.
“Have always left happy and VERY satisfied!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Have been here a few times over the years and have never been disapointed.
I've tried various things on their menu all of which was tasty and had no problems. I LOVE their T-Bone steak though!

Always had friendly service from this family-run place. One of the things I miss about Eastbourne!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Raz M

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“excellent athens restaurant!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to Athens restaurant in Eastbourne for my friend's birthday..what a memorable birthday it was!!! The owner ,Stevie really made us so welcome and we had so much fun! he put the happy birthday song on for my friend and we all danced and partied..the food was alos great value for money...6.99 for 3 courses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was unbeatable service and friendliness....thank you Stevie sooo much ! We will definately come back to this gem of a restauran..thank you for making my friend's birthday so extra special !

4 Thank yanaitown
Maidstone
“Excellent food and a warm welcome awaits.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Went here after reading the good reviews and completely lived up to them. All the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Food was all freshly prepared to order and was of a high quality. Would definitely make a return visit.

2 Thank jamesfraser68
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Always looking for Cypriot food even in England - I was pleased to read about this restaurant.
My friend and I visited on Sunday evening and found it hard to choose from the menu as there were so many of our favourites listed. Steve took our orders and welcomed us to the restaurant.

We made a mistake in having starters - a very good tomato soup (obviously home made) and halloumi cheese. The mistake being that we had not realised the size of the portions to come, I had ordered the afelia and my friend the kleftiko. Both of us very happy with our choice - the sauce with the afelia was delicious.

We enjoyed Keo beer to go with our meal, and then greek coffee to finish.

The other favourites on the menu meant we returned again for the next two nights. On the Monday it was good to meet Helen who had not been there on our first visit. This time we did not have starters but once again had the same dishes but swopped over.
To accompany dinner that night we had a bottle of Othello red wine. Not the vintage but very drinkable and enjoyable.

Helen's Mum who is in charge of the cooking was a delightful character as well as an excellent cook. On the final night I chose the Mixed Grill whilst the stifado was the choice of my friend. Excellent choices again and we knew only to have the one course.

We would make a point of eating here again if in the area even though the prices were quite high when the drinks were added. The main courses were well priced but as so often happens the starters and desserts seem a little high.

2 Thank cypriotpal
Farnham, United Kingdom
“The best Beef stronagoff anywhere”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Greek Resaurant serves the best beef stroganoff I have had anywhere, and the steak is always cooked perfectly. Helen and her family make this a really friendly place to eat. On a recent weekend in Hastings we made a special trip to Eastbourne just to eat in this restaurant! Highly recommended.

2 Thank liz_williams01