The Grand Hotel Eastbourne
$130
Shore View Hotel(Eastbourne)
$44
  • Beachfront
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$144
$131
  • Beachfront
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$65
$60
  • Pool
Congress Apartments(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$40
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$56
$61
$59
$44
$42
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$97
  • Restaurant
2,072 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantafternoon teaoutdoor poolhealth clubmolton brown toiletriesmaster suiteturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomspa facilitiessconesgarden roomsea viewbirthday treatparking spacesmoked salmonsouth coast
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am giving the 4 star rating because the staff are so helpful and courteous I always feel I am in safe hands inside this wonderful building. I usually eat in the Garden Restaurant which is slightly cheaper and less formal, but on the night of our stay we used the Mirabelle. Both never disappoint.

Unfortunately our twin room was too hot, even when we turned the radiators right down. It was traditionally furnished with faded flowery bedcovers and chipped headboards. There was so much furniture in front of the windows it was hard to get to the radiators underneath, or to see the view of the sea, and the bathroom (especially the carpet) could do with being updated.The trouser press stuck in the middle of the wall opposite the beds did nothing to enhance the room. The beds were comfortable though and it was clean enough, but old places like this never seem as pristine as new, modern hotels. The room was quiet apart from the rattling windows (which could have been fixed with a window wedge apparently) probably because the hotel was not busy and we never passed anyone in the long corridors.

I appreciated the friendly telephone call while we were unpacking, offering any help with anything we needed and welcoming us to The Grand.

We used the indoor pool, jacuzzi etc which was very pleasant.

It was a long walk to our room which did not bother us, but it is something to consider if this might be a problem. It is a large building! Our bags were of course carried there for us by a cheerful Concierge.

If I had paid top price for this room I would not think it was good value, but luckily got a winter 'deal'.

The whole hotel was overheated at the time of our stay, but to be fair the weather had just changed from ice and snow to milder weather, and obviously they had not adjusted the temperature on the heating system. On the other hand, I have been here for afternoon tea, and felt chilly in the high ceilinged Great Hall.

Breakfast was underwhelming compared with some modern hotel chains or even bed and breakfast establishments. The cereals on offer were very basic, and apart from smoked salmon on the buffet table, there was nothing special about breakfast. The cooked breakfast consisted of the usual choices and was brought to our table by efficient and polite staff.

The drinks are very expensive. £15 for a cocktail is over the top, £4.50 for a freshly squeezed orange juice (but it is delicious)and they are served with olives and crisps which is a nice touch. I think a bottle of Prosecco was over £30. No wonder the bar was empty! The bar itself could do with a bit of livening up, even soft background music perhaps? There is nothing to encourage people in. It seems rather gloomy in the evening. I notice few people buy wine in the restaurant , maybe it is time to put something more affordable on the wine list?

I love this hotel for it's old fashioned service and good food. I love the building itself which is a spacious and comfortable place in a traditional way. I am a regular visitor for lunch or just to have coffee in one of the lounges and I will carry on with this, but unless the bedrooms are refurbished I am afraid I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: There appeared to be easily accessible rooms for guests who have trouble with mobility so ask for one of these if needed because the corridors are long. It is a big building.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fussyface
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had a very short but very pleasent stay in this well decorated, presented and serviced hotel. No complaints about anything, although I was only there for 2 days, so would have preferred a little more time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our stay in The Grand was really great. What a beautiful impressive building coupled with excellent staff and good food. From the moment we drove up we were met with friendly, helpful people who greeted us with a smile and "Welcome to the Grand". We felt we were back in the days when people really did speak to each other and care about the jobs they had. Our room was large and well furnished although we could have done with a fridge and an ironing board and iron, but that is the only downside. The bed was comfortable and large. We were only staying for two nights and didn't use the gym and pool so cannot comment on that. All in all a very pleasant stay and certainly somewhere we will want to come back to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

From the moment you drive into the front of The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne you are met with well trained staff. Your car can be valet parked and when you move it, they will reserve the place. Inside the hotel the staff are all dressed in uniforms, at least 3 Concierge men to help with trolleys and directions and the receptionists are excellent.
The rooms are good, our wasn't the greatest. We only had an Executive Room, but I expect they all are a bit old and creaky. The bathroom was the main thing we didn't like, it was far too small and the extractor fan was deafening, like a helicopter hovering over you, the floor squeaked a lot and the central heating made a loud water moving noise, all night long.
The Charterhouse Lounge was excellent, as soon as you order anything a spotless white linen tablecloth is laid over the coffee table, then the service follows, all staff again in distintive uniforms and well trained.
There are 2 main restaurants, we ate in them both, they are expensive, you can't just order a steak, you have to pay for the dinner plus a supplement even though you don't want the dinner and the wine is pricy, but today you get what you pay for and this is luxury highclass, you could have been in a Cunard Princess or Queens Grill room. Great selection of food, my wife has to be on a Gluten Free Diet, this was catered for, but they could have offered a better selection of basic food, bread, rolls, breakfast cereals and sweets, but overalll we enjoyed the food and the service, we had a great time and would certainly go there again, when we have saved up for it.

Room Tip: Probably better to request a room with a large bathroom, it may cost more but it will probably be worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Quite a few things to say about the staff behind reception and all of them - warm, friendly and helpful. The building itself is very grand and imposing - in an "old world" kind of way... the location is great - across the road you are walking along the seashore :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends