“Great stay”

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a choice of hotels in Eastbourne And we certainly had the best . Staying in room 232 on sat 21/9 .Room was great ,clean ,bright and airy with a great sea view . Breakfast was very nice and staff very good .Reception staff are also very helpfull. You dont need to look far along the seafront .Lansdowne is the best...... Ian & Suzanne ..from Crowborough East Sussex

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I am delighted that you consider the Lansdowne to be “the best “ following your recent stay and that you appreciated all aspects of the hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit – it is nice to know that we are getting it right!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
London
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western Lansdowne Drive - and had a wonderful time. The location is fantastic, right on the seafront. The room was comfortable, clean and had a wonderful view of the sea. I sat in the armchair with several cups of tea looking out at the gorgeous view. I took my small dog, and we were both very well looked after. The staff were friendly and helpful, they assisted with parking, tickets for the tennis and restaurant recommendations. Also, breakfast was good - a nice selection and service with a smile!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CateTravels78
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive review following your visit to the hotel in June of this year. I was very pleased to read that you appreciated every aspect of the hotel and it’s staff. I look forward to seeing you again on some other occasion.
eastbourne
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. My husband and I married here two years ago and just stayed one night to celebrate our two year anniversary and its lovely to see it still has that old charm with great staff that are very attentive can't wait for three years.

• Stayed September 2013
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for the very positive review of your recent stay, celebrating the second anniversary of your wedding that took place at this hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back many times over the coming years.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It is difficult to find any problem regarding this Hotel. Excellant food,stylishly served at all meals.
Attentive staff. Nothing was too much. Rooms,spacious and fully equipped and the hotel is on
the quiet side of the promenade. Easy parking immeadiately outside the hotel on the promenade costs just one pound a day. If you're going to Eastbourne book this hotel. You
won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: For smokers....there are 10 rooms available.
1 Thank heidi d
I was delighted to read your recent review which contained nothing but high praise. It is very pleasing when guests are so obviously happy with both the hotel and its staff, and take the trouble to say so!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times,It has always been a very pleasant stay,The hotel remains to be pleasant place to stay,The rooms are clean and well appointed,The staff are polite[But some of them do not understand english very well]What lets this hotel down is the restaurant,The standard has dropped considerably,The food is very small portions and of poor quality,and unable to supply a simple request such as semi skimmed milk[,In fairness the duty manager refunded us the cost of the evening meal] I ordered a glass of port to go with the cheese dish.It came with the sediment in the bottom,when I told the wine waiter it needed to be decanted,She just looked at me blank,,We booked out 2 days early Next time we visit eastbourne we will find another hotel

Room Tip: dont book full board,and eat at the grand next door
1 Thank 673debroy
Firstly, I am glad that you have enjoyed visiting the hotel on several occasions and find it a very pleasant place to stay.

However, I am very sorry that you felt the standard of the restaurant has dropped considerably. I particularly note your comment concerning the staff not understanding English sufficiently to deal with your requests. This is certainly not acceptable and I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager about this. I have also passed on your comments about portion size and the fact that you felt the meals were of poor quality.

I note that the Duty Manager refunded the cost of your evening meal, but I can only apologise most sincerely for the disappointment you felt and am very sorry that you left the hotel 2 days earlier than planned.

I do hope that, at some time in the future, you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Arrival was as good as any I have received at much higher graded hotels; polite, efficient and really warm and friendly. I was upgraded free of charge to a sea-view and shown to my room. Clean, plenty of space, quiet with a fantastic view thrown in for free.

Staff throughout my stay were polite, courteous and friendly (to a man/woman), the bar was sadly not as busy as one would expect, that said the lounge areas are numerous so it would take quite some filling!

Breakfast was lovely, staff could not have been more efficient.

A hidden gem, well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Martyn P
clairepj, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a glowing review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you so enjoyed your visit and I particularly appreciate your very kind comments concerning our staff.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back before too long.
North Weald, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very nice hotel ideally placed on the sea front - a ten/twelve minute walk from the pier. Has a lot of old fashioned charm. Expected to see Miss Marple on one of the lounges. Very relaxing place with good attentive staff. Room clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Slight criticism - bar sandwiches poor value. We paid £4.95 for a poorly filled beef and mustard sandwich.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay window overlooking the sea - the extra price is well worth it.
1 Thank smallman01
clairepj, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be relaxing with good attentive staff.

However, I am sorry that you felt the bar sandwiches to be poor value. This is certainly not the standard we would wish to provide and I will discuss the matter with our Head Chef. I can only apologise for the disappointment you felt and assure you that your comments will be acted upon.