Best Western York House Hotel
$86
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Beachfront
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$136
  • Beachfront
The Alexandra Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Beachfront
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
$221
$192
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$151
$198
$184
Travelocity
$130
$125
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Queens Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$91
2,215 results
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewjacuzzi bathgroupon dealsea frontfour poster bedon arrivallovely hotelevening mealdining roombreakfast was buffet stylestandard rooman upgradeshort breakparking voucherplenty of choicenight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great, friendly and extremely helpful staff. As we arrived we asked for information about getting to brighton on the train we went to our room and by the time we got back to reception it was all printed out for us. We were very lucky to be upgraded to a sea view in one of their recently refurbished rooms which was lovely.

1  Thank Suzanne C
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate your kind comments reference my staff.

We will always will upgrade people to the 'best room available' if we have them on the day of arrival - the acronym we use is the BRA theory which always makes people think!

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Helpful and friendly staff. Good location. Lovely recently refurbished room. Good quality TV and free internet connection. We didn't use the swimming pool, but it looked nice. I definitely recommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I am glad you had a good time with us and appreciated the Free Wifi and thank you for your comments reference my staff.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed June 14, 2013

And so it was that on a couple of warm, sunny days in June we found ourselves back at the York House Hotel. It was nearly 8 months since our last stay so what, apart from the weather, would be different?

We had booked a double sea-view room at £95 per night. Again we were allocated one of the recently refurbished rooms – on the 2nd floor - which had a lovely colour-scheme of dark pinks, purples and chocolate browns. The windows opened ok and we didn’t need to test the heating this time. Free wi-fi was a good speed and an easy connection. There were conveniently placed bedside reading lights but again the choice of TV channels was disappointing. Good idea to have mugs rather than cups and saucers for tea/coffee but the supply of teabags and milk was a bit mean. Having gone to the expense of renovating these rooms wouldn’t it be nice to have a small fridge as well? There’s plenty of space.

The bathroom, however, was a different matter: hardly enough space to turn around in but it was almost a relief, after our last stay, not to have all the complications of a “modern” bathroom – no Jacuzzi etc just a basic (but very small) bath and shower. Towels were not up to standard though – very thin, worn and rough.

And what happened to breakfast??!! We’ve always enjoyed and praised the breakfasts here but not this time. There were 2 or 3 coach parties in residence so a buffet breakfast was no doubt the easiest way to cater for the numbers but the food was of the lowest quality in every respect – the cooked food was greasy and the continental breakfast options were limited. Very disappointing!

At £95 a night (and we were told this was reduced from £120) we didn’t feel we got value for money – especially when there is another 3 star Best Western hotel a little further along the coast where a comfortable night in a sea-view room (with a fridge), a large bathroom and a far better breakfast can be had for £60 a night at this time of year.

Sorry York House but it will be a while before you see us again.

2  Thank portsidejane

Of course I was disappointed to read your review this time round with us however am glad you had some positives.

In relation to Tea/coffee supplies I am sure you read my note in the guest directory that if you need extra supplies just ask at Reception and these will be provided free of charge. We keep the supplies to a minimum to stop the supplies from sitting there for months on end and so they rotate quickly and therefore avoiding 'stale' items etc.

I am actually looking into fridges at the moment and I'm sure that if you ask we can provide one anyway.

Towels yes a hot topic at the moment and I have been raising this with our external laundry for several weeks and I am pleased to say that from last weekend we have had a whole new batch of fluffy white towels delivered to us.

If bathroom size is an issue then please let us know when you book and we can allocate a larger one for you.

If you do decide to return to us please contact me on my direct email:

mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We held our reception party here in May, following our wedding abroad, which was a couple of months earlier. The whole experience was faultless. The staff, the buffet, the bar and the downstairs function room all met with our expectations - and more. Disappointed we couldn't stay for the night, but it was fully booked well in advance. I suppose that's a reflection of the standard though :) Roxanne & all the staff working on 18th May - thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It was a pleasure to host your evening Wedding Reception and thank you for your kind comments regarding Roxanne and the on duty staff

Accommodation is really busy and I'm sorry we couldnt accommodate you this time round but drop me a line nearer your 1st anniversary and I will see what I can do

mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a short break with a few friends. From the moment we checked in until check out, everything was perfect? Room was clean and fresh, staff were so friendly and food was great!

Can't wait until July when we will be back

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Glad you had a great time with us and thank you for your comments reference my staff, much appreciated by them.

We look forward to seeing you again in July