“Great stay for retired couple”

Best Western York House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed in room 394 in February 2013 B & B, sea view, lovely decor and a big double bed. The heating was sufficient with individual controls for the room and a heated towel rail in the bathroom. The shower over the bath had lots of hot water but did keep changing temperature. I was afraid of slipping when taking a shower as there was no shower mat or non slip pads in the bath. The towels were abraisive and I found the bed and pillows hard. There was a blanket provided as well as the duvet and extra pillows. The glasses were only plastic. The staff were friendly and helpful and the dining room nice and breakfast good. We expecially liked the fact the hotel was not over hot in the public rooms like many other are.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Glad you liked your sea view room.

We do provide bath mats on request which is detailed in the Guest Directory. Have looked into the temp control for the shower in this particular room and have rectified - thank you for bringing to my attention.

It might be worth noting if you do visit us again that specifically after listening to guest responses the last 25 rooms that have already been commenced on refurbishment are being made shower only to counteract your fears as more and more people are requesting walk in showers nowadays and after all I haven't had a bath myself for years! These are quality especially built fully tiled walk in showers so please request specifically on future visits.

We are next week also coincidentally doing our annual change of pillos and I have 345 new ones on order.

Thank you for the kind comments ref staff and breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Best Western York House Hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Staff were consistently lovely and took extra care to make sure that children feel particularly welcome. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and the food was lovely, good choices for vegetarian diners and children. The swimming pool was small but clean and adequate, our room was facing the sea front and was light, airy and spacious for two adults and a child, really lovely. Breakfast on the Saturday morning offered an excellent quality and variety of choice for all appetites, whilst Sunday morning we had a buffet breakfast which was just as tasty although with less choice. Without fail though it is the staff who worked tirelessly to make us all feel comfortable, welcome and valued customer,s from the Duty Manager to the chamber maids all of the team were pleasant and professional at all times. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

It was good to hear my staff are making everyone happy where they possibly can.

Yes we only operate the Buffet Breakfast when we are full but we are aiming to do fully plated at all times by the end of the summer this year which does inevitably give you more choice.

This has come across from customers such as yourself and if you do take the trouble to tell us we will endeavour to stride to improve

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was a gift from my husband for mothers day.. I stayed in room 124 which left a very big impresion its newly and tastefully refurbished,i never sleeped in such comfortable bed. The best part was a big jacuzzi which was just cherry on the top. Dinner was excellent, well presented food and good quality.Restaurant staff was helpfull and they made sure that i would enjoy my evening. For breakfast was a buffet , which was a pleasant surprise because it really had a big selection for both cold and hot buffet , which usually you wouldnt get in other hotels breakfast buffets.There was also an option available if you wanted differently cooked eggs. I can really say that its best value for money. I am certain that i will come to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I think we will have to add some more 4 posters as they are receiving such positive comments.

It's nice also to have a husband that will think of you and give you a total break - really good to read

Hope we see you again soon

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Received a voucher for a hotel stay for christmas, after looking for days at loads of hotels we booked York house as this seemed to be the best out of a lot of rubbish!!.we are soooo glad we did, what a wonderful hotel!! we upgraded to a seaview room which was lovely, very clean newly refurbished. Great view, sea just across the road,parking outside very freindly staff. Food was lovely. Would definitely go back, maybe the four poster room next time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glamma_11
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am glad your stay with us was good and that our seasonal menus pleased as well.

Yes you should try the 4 posters we have as everyone seems to be commenting

Let me know when you are next in the area and my direct email is:

mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The firt room we were allocated had no heating, but when raised, the duty manager responded very quickly and offered us an alternative room. The alternative was a huge deluxe room with a four poster, and the bathroom had a jacuzzi bath, which was great. We used the hotel's restaurant for dinner, which had a great menu, and the food was excellent, I'd highly recommend it. Very friendly staff made the whole experience very enjoyable.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Andy E

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry the heating was a problem in the first instance - this after fault finding was down to a wiring fault which was rectified the next morning

I am glad my Duty Manager acted fast to ease the 'pain' and you enjoyed our new 4 poster

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Arrived on the Thursday and stayed one night with my girlfriend. The food was amazing and room even better!! We had a jacuzzi bath and HUGE bed. Everyone was really kind and will be coming back!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

It sounds as if you had one of our new modern 4 posters which appear to be pleasing everyone at the moment.

Let me know when you are next in the area

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Me and my partner recently stayed at the York House hotel for our anniversary and are itching to go back! We stayed in a superior room that was absolutely gorgeous! The service was brilliant, the food was lovely and the hotel was so close to local shops, the pier and other attractions. Overall we had a lovely stay and are planning to return in the near future. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for relaxing seaside break!

• Stayed: March 2013
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I am glad you had a good time and liked our new superior rooms, when you are next in the area let me know

my direct email: is mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk