“Excellent”

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was fantastic.
We got a beautiful see view room , very big and modern with a lovely en suite bathroom. The best we have been to in eastbourne so far. Brilliant location right at the sea front just minutes away from the pier and town centre.
We didnt use the pool as we were staying there in summer so there was fantastic weather outside.
Theres nothing bad I could say about this hotel at the moment.

Room Tip: See view rooms are fantastic if you like sea waves gently waking you up in the morning
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review from your August stay

I know my staff appreciate it when they get it right and a customer takes the trouble to post a review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Eastbourne and the Pool is always there just in case we don't have the sunshine.

We are oficially the sunniest place in the UK - did you know?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Thai first
Slough
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very friendly hotel! All the staff went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible! Situated right on the sea front with only a five minute walk to the pier and 10-15 mins to the town center.
Eastborne was very quiet as the snow had hit so lots of things closed....but would be lovely in the summer! Would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review and your kind comments reference my staff which has been duly passed on to them.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked A room 12-13th jan with my young daughter for my birthday.overall loved the stay,room was spacious,comfy bed,warm,gorg view of bournemouth beach,lovely warm pool which me and my daughter had a grt time in,didnt do breakfast,but still found staff at desk friendly.despite the cold weather in eastbourne it hasnt put me of coming back and shall book again when its warmer,my 9 year old wants to come again!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you had a good time with us - we will have to add as a comment onto our web description that you can see Bournemouth Beach from our Beach as well.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Horsham, W. Sussex
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights 4 days on a New Years package virtually Full Board.

Start with the negatives - only tiny niggles the Duty Manager for New Years Day lacked charisma and the Swimming pool access is through the dining room.

Positives.

Everything !!!!! some previous reviews say the hotel needs updating, well the sea view room we had was fantastic enormous size and compact ensuite Room 284 not sure if this was an updated room or not but no problems as far as we are concerned. 2 very comfortable beds and 2 tub chairs.
The tea and coffee tray had a teapot ! Brilliant I have never stayed anywhere else where a teapot was supplied.

The rest of the staff were very helpful nothing was too much trouble the meals were 1st class and plenty of it.
There was entertainment each night and some afternoons whether this was quizzes, bingo or music the Gala evening for New Years Eve was well attended with Formal dress. The New Years Day fancy dress didn't have quite the same amount of support but was was enjoyable particularly the young man who was entertaining during and after the competition.
We also found out that Best Western have a loyalty card which you can build points towards future stays, air miles or M&S vouchers which we have now got and intend to use.

Well done York House

Room Tip: Sea view rooms cost a little more but we felt more than worth the money. Parking is on a limited ti...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avril M
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review from New Year and your positives have been duly passed on to all concerned.

On the negatives and coincidentally the Swimming Pool is no longer accessed through the Restaurant - the new signage is in place today.

In relation to the Duty Manager on New Years day I presume you are referring to the PM DM?

Perhaps you could let me know on my direct email; mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk

Then I can set to work on him!
leicestershire
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just arrived back after a Xmas Break at the York Hotel. Can i just get the negative comments out of the way first, Beer (john smiths) serverd much to cold (this seems to be the norm with this beer, Why?) Also if you are part of a group always get a table which starts at A or B served quicker. Anyway less of the rants, from the time we arrived to the time we left the staff could not do enough for you, one member of the staff that seemed to be everywhere was William (well done) this doesn't detract from other staff. Food EXCELLENT and plenty of it. All in all well done

Room Tip: If you choose a Sea View be prepared for some noise from the sea front road.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind Christmas review.

You are correct that all Beers (not Lagers) that are dispensed by pump are served ultra cold now - for what reason I guess we can only fathom.

I will also pass on your comments to William as I know he will appreciate it.

We hope to see you again next year as I know your Group has re booked.
suffolk
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This needs a total update, very tired. Rooms need money spending on them urgently. It looks as though it will close any day now unless someone buys it and brings it into the present century. Poor food, no excuse for trying to pass off weak orange squash as fresh juice at breakfast. There is one good thing about this hotel, the staff. They save the day with their attentive service and friendliness. I wish them luck.

Room Tip: I doubt there is one although a sea view is always welcome.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SuffolkMobo
Mark C, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your review and your kind comments reference my excellent staff.

In regards the rest of your comments not really sure what to say!

I guess everyone has their own opinion which I respect and I'm sorry that our totally refurbished ground floor and 80% of our bedrooms don't aesthetically please you.

I would be more than happy to engage in further dialogue should you wish, so that I can understand where you are coming from, my direct email is mark.cotman@yorkhousehotel.co.uk should you wish to do so.

I will also have to leave the 'readers' of our overall comments be the judge.

PS We don't serve orange squash for Breakfast.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I took a group here last week and having visited this hotel about 3 years ago was a little apprehensive as that experience left a lot to be desired. This time I was very impressed with the helpfulness of all staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was very good and well presented. We had a couple of problems with my group who had difficulty with stairs and showers but this was sorted by the hotel staff quickly, efficiently and courteously. I can truthfully say that with all the staff nothing was a problem and all in all I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve R
Mark C, Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that we resolved any issues with your Group check in promptly which is something we always endeavour to do - the same old adage applies here - tell us and we will help you to resolve any issues - if you don't how can we?

We look forward to seeing you again next year.