“Business Trip”

Best Western York House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I use the York House 3 times a year, the hotel still continues its refurb programme, room completed are now modern and clean. I return to this hotel for the free WFI, the swimming pool, a sea front room on my Diamond Best Western card, but its the staff that keep me coming back, they are wonderful, especially my special Eva. Go stay you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
YHH1422, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the feedback and I am pleased to hear your recent stay with us was as enjoyable as your previous. I will certainly pass on your comments to Eva and the rest of the team, who I am sure will also appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Steve Stott

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Staying three nights in Eastbourne during a non-peak period in somewhat changeable English weather could have been a challenge. The sea view room was clean and tidy if a little basic. But the staff and service at the hotel could not be faulted. Even a couple of minor hitches were dealt with in an efficient and pleasant manner. All the staff from; reception, back of house and maintenance to restaurant were most most helpful, pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ches96

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay with us, I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable one and that the team assisted as and when required to ensure all went well. We hope you will come back and see us again soon, when hopefully the weather wil have improved too.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for the 2nd time in two months with our 6 month old and had another fantastic time. STaff were exceptional in service, especially at breakfast. The travel cot was great, my little boy had a fuss made of him by all the staff, and nothing was too much trouble. We can't wait to come back when the pool is open. Well worth the drive down from Swansea!

• Stayed: March 2012
YHH1422, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, I am so pleased you enjoyed your latest stay with us and that your little boy was fussed over by the team. I will most certainly pass on your comments to the entire team, who I am sure will also appreciate your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and I am pleased to advise that the Swimming Pool and Changing room have now re-opened after being refurbished.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Just returned from a three day Easter weekend break at the York House Hotel and cannot find fault with this hotel at all. We have stayed in many hotels and i have to say that this is one of the best we have stayed in. The staff are very friendly and efficient and do all they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I can also recommend the restaurant, the food is excellent.
We enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay by another night! Thankyou to everyone who helped make our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan B
YHH1422, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. I will pass your comments onto the entire team, who I am sure will also appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future when you will also be able to enjoy the use of our recently refurbished Swimming Pool, which has now re-opened.

Once again, thank you for giving us your feedback.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed two nights as part of a wedding party. The staff in all departments were really excellent - welcoming, helpful, very polite and with a pleasant manner. This makes all the difference in my view to a stay away from home.
Public areas including outside were well fitted out and made it comfortable to meet up with old friends and relatives. Outside areas were especially useful given the superb sunny weather.
Breakfast was brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
YHH1422, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. I will pass your comments on to the team who I am sure will also appreciate your feedback, always nice when we get it right. I hope all went well with the wedding you were here for and look forward to welcoming you back in Eastbourne in the very near future.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback.

Steve.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Great location but the decor was very tired and the bathroom was sub-standard. Very basic bedroom accommodation. One of the lifts wasn't working when we arrived, and still wasn't operational when we left. Needs a complete refurb of the bedrooms.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
YHH1422, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Guest, firstly thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, this really is invaluable in helping us to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

On this occassion however, it would seem that we provided you with neither and for this I sincerely apologise. I do wish I was made aware of your discomfort during your stay, as I would most certainly have tried to improve the situation whilst you were here.

You are correct in your comments regarding some of the rooms being in need of refurbishment and I am happy to say, this is actually taking place at the moment. I can only assume that you stayed on a weekend when there were no workmen on site, as it is clear throughout the Hotel both visibly and in our signage throughout apologising for the necessary work which is taking place.

We are trying to cause as little disruption as possible to our guests by carrying out the work during the week and ending at 5pm, so this is slowing the process down a little but hopefully you and our other guests will appreciate the improvements once they are complete.

I do apologise once again that your stay was not an enjoyable one and hope you will give us another chance to change your view of the Hotel. Please feel free to call me direct should you wish to return and I will gladly personally oversee your stay.

Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Steve Stott.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I only stayed for one night but we very much enjoyed our stay. The reception staff were warm, friendly and helpful, the bedroom and bathroom were fab (like a 5* hotel). The most comfiest bed I have ever stayed in (thank you Best Western). The evening meal was delicious and breakfast equally lovely. The staff are all so friendly, we had a room with a sea view and I could hear the sea lapping the shore at night. Sooo relaxing. Even though you have to park on the road, there was plenty of parking available. If you are feeling stressed and want a break from life, I would recommend this hotel. Plenty to do and see in the area.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a sea view, lovely to wake up to see the sea.