“Excellent food...homely...friendly...reasonably priced...my ideal cafe”
Review of Greens Vegetarian Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greens Vegetarian Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Description: Vegetarian/vegan cafe in Eastbourne town centre. Homemade food using local/organic/fairtrade ingredients where possible. Daily specials board. Wi-fi, book-crossing, social events/activities. BYO evenings only.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stumbled upon Greens during a recent holiday cycling along the coast of Kent and Sussex. Craving a vegan breakfast we were so happy to find it on the menu along with free coffee re-fills...an added bonus. I was also able to use the internet for free which was unexpected. Greens is laid back, the staff are friendly and attentive, the food is very good and you can just hang out there and not feel in the way...
In a world of generic high-streets and plastic food this little gem is worth seeking out. Highly recommended by happy vegans.

1  Thank Mulberrytree010

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Greens cafe specialises in delicious veggie food and is only a short walk from the train station to the town centre. We found Greens to be spacious, clean, and sporting a few very comfortable padded seats with straight backs which are ideal for breastfeeding.

At a glance the cafe was clearly family-friendly, as it had games for children, crayons, colouring books, baby wipes, high chairs, and stocked ABC magazine. However, a quick trip to the toilet revealed a tiny room with no changing table - or space to improvise. I approached the owner and was directed to a table we could use in the cafe, which we laid a blanket on to change Arwyn and which the owner promptly sprayed clean.

...

See the full review here:

2  Thank ZLights
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Soups are excellent and home made and main meals are freshly prepared and not overly flavoured. I must have been over 30 times and have never been disappointed. Portions may be on the small size but are priced accordingly. How often does one have to leave some of a meal.This way one cam have soup, main, and sweet and only pay around £10.
Soya milk is available for coffee without the high prices charged by well known coffee houses, and there are fruit/herb teas as well as ordinary tea. The menu changes weekly, sometimes daily.There are gluten free meals also.
A vegan will also be well catered for.
This is undoubtedly the only place that can offer three courses to suit vegans including vegan ice cream.
There are also books to read/borrow and board games and a monthly book club.

1  Thank angiewright
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Whilst on a weekend break to Eastbourne we visited Greens for afternoon tea and were greeted warmly.
Tea and home made cake was reasonably priced.
My slice of cake was delicious but my partner thought his rather dry.
There was a selection of gifts on sale and I bought some fudge to take home for my daughter.
My daughter pronounced the fudge disgusting and on closer inspection we discovered that the sell by date had passed.
Thinking that the proprietor would be upset to have sold out of date produce I wrote a polite letter, returning the fudge and asking for a replacement. Absolutely no response after a month, so this establishment does not get my vote and we will not be going back.

5  Thank SarahRugby