“Evening to remember”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had a fantastic evening in tango,to start we had two freshly made cocktails,I ordered t-bone steak to be cooked rare and it was perfect,my partner had a delicious whole seabass everything accompanied with a bottle of savignon blanc.atmosphere very relaxing we didn't want to leave. One of the best night we ever had

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Have been to Tango four or five times over the years, but the last two times have been very ordinary. We had the burgers which were not even flame grilled or if they were it was a fleeting connection rather than a full on embrace. The whitebait or something in the meal gave my partner allergic hives which lasted for an hour or so directly after the meal. Nice venue but uninspiring and no passion at all. They need new dancing shoes and to source some better ingredients and stop coasting. The steaks from what I can remember can be quite good but I am getting fed up with cooking much better food with much better ingredients for a fraction of the cost.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

The girlfriend and I decided to try this restraint as we both like steak and wanted to try somewhere new. On arrival we were greeted and as the restaurant were not that busy we had the pick of any table. We sat down and were given menus. The waiter was on hand to take our drinks order and I chose a diet coke as I was driving and my girlfriend chose a glass of her favourite wine. When the drinks came my diet coke tasted funny, I am something of a coke fanatic as I drink it all the time and to me it tasted like the post mix had gone. After complaining I was given a can of diet coke, tasted this and still it did not taste right. I checked the bottom of the can to see the use by date to find it was jan2011. Once again complained and was given diet Pepsi which finally was perfect.

So now to the food-
I ordered the 8oz sirloin steak with chips and grilled vegetables, my girlfriend went for the lamb shank. Both arrived within seconds of each other and both meals were still sizzling hot. The steak was perfectly done and the chips were very tasty. My partner’s meal was also very well cooked and she enjoyed the lamb especially, I tried a small bit and must admit it was very nice. We could not fault the food at all and would happily eat there again.
The only thing I did not like was that most of the meals came with chips and had no other options such as wedges etc.

Overall for just over £30 it was very nice. We shall be returning

Reviewed September 17, 2011

beautyful atmosphere .... everything was perfect!
staff very kind and an amazing young chef

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We went for a meal with friends and started our evening with a jug of Sangria. We ordered our starters and when they arrived the brochette tasted stale and the anchovies had a funny taste to them also. However we carried on regardless.

Then came our mains. I had ordered the chicken and chorizo skewer. The chicken was pinky red, and was also off. Two of our party asked for steak with peppercorn source. When it arrived the source was white and cold. It turned out to be single cream.
We called the waiter over to complain about the off chicken and ruined steaks (which were covered in the sauce) and wanted to settle up and get food elsewhere. He offered to deduct the chicken meal and the two sauces from the bill but expected us to pay for the ruined steaks themselves! We were not satisfied with this so asked for the manager.

The manager finally agreed (after some argument), that we did not need to pay for any of the mains, as we had not eaten very much of them. Still, with the Sangria, a couple of Malibu and Cokes, and 4 starters (2 of which were not good quality at all) we were left with a £60 bill and rather unapologetic staff.

We will NOT be going back there ever again.