Arundel Private Hotel
Hotels.com
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Beachfront
Marine Parade Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Beachfront
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
$222
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$151
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$101
$62
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$104
$101
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Eastbourne Town Centre Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$83
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Queens Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea fronthighly recommend a staythe hotel is cleana lovely staylovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2012

we were catered for as vegetarians very .We had a good selection of beautifully cooked food and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vegebikers
Reviewed March 26, 2012

First of all ignore all the wingeing one and two star reviews. There is nothing wrong with the service, food or general comfyness of this hotel. The bar prices are no different to other licenced premises and in some cases cheaper. Example, we paid £12 for a bottle of decent wine whihc would have cost at least £15 in a hotel where we live. The meals are generous in portions, well cooked and served very promptly. The entertanment was professional and talented. The location of the hotel is quiet and only a short walk from the sea front and town centre. The rooms are warm, and the beds comfortable with the usual complimentary tea and coffee replenished daily. The toilet and bathroom were serviced daily and the beds made also. There was nothing unclean or shabby about the hotel Now here's (not the complaints far from it) the but......I would recommend taking a screwdriver and a pair of pliers with you as several people had trouble with their door locks. The rooms of my father and sister in law demanded the deft touch of a master burglar to eiither lock or unlock their rooms, the lady in the room next to us got trapped in the bathroom when the door lock stuck, whilst the lock on our room door operated o.k. I noticed that two screws had come out of the handle and it was obviously a bit loose. The plumbing is a bit tired - mostly leaky taps, but plenty of hot water. I went to use the shower one night and the whole attachment came away from the wall! Our bathroom had been revamped, but the wall lining stopped short of one side of the door frame leaving a rough, unsightly gap of about a centimetre. I also noticed that neither the rather antiquated T.V. or the other electrical appliances in the room carried current PAT test stickers, something which I thought was necessary where electrical appliances are used in the public domain. Whilst none of these things detracted from us enjoying our stay at the Arundel it's a shame that for the sake of a few pounds of materials, a few hours of labour they could all be easily rectified. In these economically challenging times I doubt that full modernisation is possible but a bit of TLC in some areas would raise guests perceptions somewhat. All in all none of the people on our coach trip (Just Go) was unhappy with the Arundel just a bit perplexed maybe. Anyway we all gave George and the staff a round of applause before we left. I've given the Arundel a three star rating only because of the little foibles really it deserves four stars.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Steve H
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My mum, Margaret who is 81 and partially sited has just returned home to Derbyshire after a stay at the Arundel on a Just Go coach trip. I live in the area so it was a chance for her to have a break and see the family. She could have stayed with me but was daunted by the prospect of a long coach journey and having to change in London. She and I were apprehensive about the trip but needn't have worried. The coach driver was fantastic and really looked after her and everyone. She was greeted by the friendly, caring hoteliers and given a ground floor room. The Hotel itself is warm, homely, clean and relaxing. It is in one of the nicest parts of Eastbourne on a nice road in a quiet setting and in easy reach of the beach, town, tennis and theatre. I called the hotel to leave messages for my mum as she is unable to use a phone due to her sight. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone
is genuinely friendly. I stayed for dinner one evening and the food is fresh, delicious and served with a smile. Mums room was practical, homely and warm. Ok the bathroom could do with updating as could a few things but it was clean and a small price to pay for the plus points of this lovely welcoming place. My mum is a very well travelled woman and did not expect too much from this very reasonably priced trip but was very pleasantly surprised and I can see why. She will definitely be back and next time i'll be temped to join her.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank Janine M
Reviewed March 11, 2012

just got back from a 5 day break at the Arundel with Just go, what a great place to stay,we had
a huge room (107) on the first floor. The food was good and there was a good choice,this was our first visit to Eastbourne,but not our last,making sure that we stay at the Arundel next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank barry e
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Just returned from a great stay at the Arundel Hotel. We travlled with Just Go on a 5 day break for £109 p.p , great value for money. As other peple have reviewed, the hotel is in need of a bit of modernisation, but the hospitality from George, his wife Elani, and daughters 1, 2 and 3 and James could not have been better. If you have any problems just ask them and they will sort it for you. The food is all home cooked and plenty of it !! It has a comfortable bar and lounge and we had entertainment on two of our four night stay ( the other two nights we organised a game of bingo, which went well, well done carol!! )
It is idealy situated, a short walk to the sea front, theatre, pubs and shops and
all in all we had a great time, and we will definetely be returning to the arundel again

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends