“Awful night!!!!”
Review of Mo Mambo Mania

Mo Mambo Mania
Ranked #41 of 442 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Description: Italian Family Run Business Full Range Of Italian Style Dishes. Kids Menu Available, Great Value For Money.Located By The Sea Front, Al fresco Dining, Serving Food All Day All Week.Come And Enjoy Our Authentic Italian Atmosphere With Our Monthly Live Music Themed Nights.
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Very very disappointing with this restaurant !!! No atmosphere and service was terrible!!! Got our drinks and food order wrong!!! Will sadly be not coming back to this restaurant!!!

1  Thank Suzanne S

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We didn't find this place until two days before we came home.
We loved it so much that we went back again the next day for lunch.. The first attraction was white tablecloths [ albeit plastic] on the outside tables, this guy knows what he's doing, most people like a dressed table . We noticed the restaurants higher up had no one eating outside for lunch, could it have been the bare wooden tables?
We sat in the glorious sunshine drinking our Pinot Blush and with the all round atmosphere we felt like we were in Italy. I had the mussels which were better than the mussel café down the road even better than my Yorkshire puddings.
Thanks Mo.

1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Visited this so called Italian restaurant over airbourne weekend.....really wish we hadnt bothered though.
Food was awful compared to other local restaurants! Service is very slow! And for what you get food is over priced.
The owner shouts his mouth off constantly and judging by he responses to other peoples bad feedback will no doubt leave a stroppy reply as seems unable to accept criticism.
No one here seems to have a clue whats going on....you wait forever for a scruffy unshaven teenager to take your order, then even longer to actually get some food put in front of you.
I had the lasagne which had clearly be made several days before.....seriously, you can buy far superior food from your local supermarket lol.
We wont be going here again, and will obviously be sure to inform our friends of our experience, although the owner probably wouldnt want us back anyway as like he's shown in most of his review replies....he simply cant handle the truth or criticism.....
Plenty of good restaurants in town where your money is appreciated and where you can actually enjoy a meal out without some Italian shouting his mouth off all the time......Sorry, but the ONLY thing Italian about this place is the owner......

4  Thank mharding1974
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Lovely evening at Mo Mambo, we were a party of 7 and the restaurant was recommended to us locally. Really friendly staff and delicious food - we will definitely return here!

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

It started well - the staff were initially friendly and welcoming. But then it went downhill. My risotto had a long dark hair in it - Not mine. We waited 30 minutes for a dessert menu, asked for it twice, then got it but had to ask twice more to place an order. Then we decided we just wanted to go as it was getting late and we had our 7 year old daughter with us. I stood at the till to pay as otherwise I couldn't even get the bill - they had decided to double the price of my daughters meal from the kids menu as we had taken off cheese and added chicken to her pizza (I'm happy to pay extra for extra ingredients of course but they just charged adult price for her food due to the change even though the pizza was tiny). So overall we felt over charged and under-served. To top it all off the manager (maybe owner?) spent much of the evening shouting loudly at kitchen and waiting staff - much of the time stood near my table (but seemingly not near enough to take my dessert order!) I won't go back.

1  Thank Karen W