“Glad we found it”
Review of Mo Mambo Mania

Mo Mambo Mania
Ranked #41 of 442 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Italian Family Run Business Full Range Of Italian Style Dishes. Kids Menu Available, Great Value For Money.Located By The Sea Front, Al fresco Dining, Serving Food All Day All Week.Come And Enjoy Our Authentic Italian Atmosphere With Our Monthly Live Music Themed Nights.
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We didn't find this place until two days before we came home.
We loved it so much that we went back again the next day for lunch.. The first attraction was white tablecloths [ albeit plastic] on the outside tables, this guy knows what he's doing, most people like a dressed table . We noticed the restaurants higher up had no one eating outside for lunch, could it have been the bare wooden tables?
We sat in the glorious sunshine drinking our Pinot Blush and with the all round atmosphere we felt like we were in Italy. I had the mussels which were better than the mussel café down the road even better than my Yorkshire puddings.
Thanks Mo.

1  Thank Catherine H

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Visited this so called Italian restaurant over airbourne weekend.....really wish we hadnt bothered though.
Food was awful compared to other local restaurants! Service is very slow! And for what you get food is over priced.
The owner shouts his mouth off constantly and judging by he responses to other peoples bad feedback will no doubt leave a stroppy reply as seems unable to accept criticism.
No one here seems to have a clue whats going on....you wait forever for a scruffy unshaven teenager to take your order, then even longer to actually get some food put in front of you.
I had the lasagne which had clearly be made several days before.....seriously, you can buy far superior food from your local supermarket lol.
We wont be going here again, and will obviously be sure to inform our friends of our experience, although the owner probably wouldnt want us back anyway as like he's shown in most of his review replies....he simply cant handle the truth or criticism.....
Plenty of good restaurants in town where your money is appreciated and where you can actually enjoy a meal out without some Italian shouting his mouth off all the time......Sorry, but the ONLY thing Italian about this place is the owner......

4  Thank mharding1974
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Lovely evening at Mo Mambo, we were a party of 7 and the restaurant was recommended to us locally. Really friendly staff and delicious food - we will definitely return here!

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

It started well - the staff were initially friendly and welcoming. But then it went downhill. My risotto had a long dark hair in it - Not mine. We waited 30 minutes for a dessert menu, asked for it twice, then got it but had to ask twice more to place an order. Then we decided we just wanted to go as it was getting late and we had our 7 year old daughter with us. I stood at the till to pay as otherwise I couldn't even get the bill - they had decided to double the price of my daughters meal from the kids menu as we had taken off cheese and added chicken to her pizza (I'm happy to pay extra for extra ingredients of course but they just charged adult price for her food due to the change even though the pizza was tiny). So overall we felt over charged and under-served. To top it all off the manager (maybe owner?) spent much of the evening shouting loudly at kitchen and waiting staff - much of the time stood near my table (but seemingly not near enough to take my dessert order!) I won't go back.

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We went to this place seing some good reviews. It was my worst experience about the food I've ever had :( Starters so small and not tasty at all. Their ciabbata bread instead of being soft and lovely to just dip inside the olive oil and vinegar was toasted, small pieces and horrible taste.My second meal was the worsat ever. Tortellini was horrible, you could see and taste the feeling - this is not home made tortellini! You can even buy better one at Lidl shops for 2.50£ !!! They were served in some wierd soup - I can not call it differently! this has nothing to do with nice and creamy tomato sauce! it was like very bad tasting soup! Awful, and I've had some stomach ache after it! My house white wine was not cool enough so I had to order some ice cubes;/ My partner and friend ordered bruschettas for a starters - not the best at all! Their main course was Calzone - both horrible! Even the pastry was not cooked enough, it didn't look like nice and well oven baked calzone you expect to have on your plate, also served as a sible dish with no sauce on the side so very dry! I normally don't write bad reviews but this was my worst experience from many years. You don't need to be a specialist in italian food to know that this is not an italian restuarant at all! After all we have had to eat it as we were so hungry and we have had a long day and journey ahead. The place itself doesn't look bad, the service was okay, but they should change a chef as he doesn't know what is he doing - I could put some serious money that he is not italian!

1  Thank Justi14