“DELIGHTFUL, DELICIOUS, DE-LOVELY.”

Ranked #38 of 416 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Thai House is a relaxing little gem in the heart of Eastbourne, located in the Little Chelsea area combining outstanding traditional cuisine and subtle authentic decor with a warm, welcoming ambience - bringing the charms of Thailand to Eastbourne. The chefs use only the very finest and freshest ingredients; the cooking style reflects a rich mix of the traditional dishes of Thailand whilst blending in a variety of regional specialties. To complement the experience we also serve traditional homemade Thai deserts and freshly made luxury Ice creams. We also keep a excellent and well-balanced wine cellar and a good range of Thai beers and Thai whiskies. Whether you are visiting the restaurant or ordering dishes to eat at home you can be assured of the finest Thai food cooked in the traditional way prepared from the very best ingredients. We are committed to offering customers a wonderful dining experience with a taste and warmth of Thai hospitality. Thai food healthy it captures an enormous variety of tastes and spices. It brings together cooking traditions from all over Asia. Thai food can be hot and spicy or mild. Many fresh herbs spices are used to enhance the flavours. One of the most important spices for any dish is fresh chilli, but there is far more to Thai cooking than chilli. Thai basil, coriander, garlic, black pepper corns, ginger, tamarind, mint, coconut, basil, lime and pandanus, are all used to enhance the flavours.
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My partner and I decided to drop in last Friday evening, as we were in a Thai food mood. We certainly were not disappointed.
Apparently this Restaurant has not been in business for long, so any new place is always worth a try.
The Restaurant, although not busy, had a cheerful atmosphere to it, probably helped by the young lady waitresses who were very efficient and always had a smile.
The place was spotless, including the kitchen and the toilets.
The Singa beer was cooled to perfection, as was the Thai white wine. A pity that we cannot buy it in the supermarkets as yet.
Food wise, portions were small but cooked just right and very tasty. Ribs and Thai fish cakes for starters. The main course was Duck and Lamb with rice side dishes and could not be faulted.
The service, ambiance, friendliness and value for money, all very good.
Would we go again? of course.

There are newer reviews for The Thai House

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I have just had another lovely lunch at the Thai House .You are made to feel very welome from the moment you enter.The food is delicious, my favourite being Pad Thai with chicken followed my Kluay Tod, which are the most delicious Banana Fritters and coconut caramal syrup with vanilla ice cream.
There is an excellent value lunch time menu and a very extensive one for the evening.

The restaurant is a great asset to the Little Chelsea area of Eastbourne.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

We have eaten in Eastbournes other Thai restaurants for years but decided to try this one for a take away on our Anniversery.

While the food was very good the portions were very small. My £12 main course consisted of only 8 small bite size bits of chicken. Nice flavours, but NOT value for money on the take away at least.

Reviewed November 3, 2010

Having travelled extensively throughout Thailand I've experienced a wide variety of Thai cooking. This rates as one of the best Thai restaurants I've eaten in and definitely the best outside of Thailand.

I've tried their lunchtime and evening menus. The lunchtime menu is great value. Much less choice than the evening menu but starter, main and a glass of wine for less than a tenner is excellent and the quality of the dishes is not skimped on at all.

The Chef's platter starter on the evening menu is fab as it gives a really good selection and I'd definitely recommend the duck curry from the specials, if it's still on.

Staff are lovely and the interior/atmosphere is really welcoming and comfortable.

Worthwhile booking as every time I've been there it's been packed.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I went to this restaurant not long after it had opened. It's very local for me and I was hopeful that it would be good. It far exceeded my hopes. The staff are welcoming, the decor is tasteful and if there is music it is low key...thank goodness. The choice of dishes is extensive, plenty for vegetarians and it is cooked and presented very well. I always enjoy a visit and have recommended to friends who have have also found it well worth a visit.