“Great Rate Great Service & Great Accommodation”
Review of La Mer Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
La Mer Guest House
Ranked #63 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Initially nervous after reading some negative reviews, but these were not borne out. In fact we were pleasantly surprised at the spacious room, wonderful breakfast and great location. The staff were very accommodating and the whole experience was a good one. The breakfast was great, offering to make pancakes to poached eggs a la carte. The room was clean, cosy and stylish.

We will be coming back for sure !!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank roosterboo1
There are newer reviews for La Mer Guest House

Reviewed October 28, 2010

I booked the La Mer B+B last minute on last minute.com for a very good price due to a family bereavement. It was the cheapest on the list so was not expecting too much, just somewhere to sleep while arranging my father's funeral, some of the previous views were negative....
The manager Lee greeted me and always rememeberd me by my first name. I only booked a single but kindly upgraded me to a double room at the back of the hotel as I asked for a quiet room. (no extra charge). The rooms at the front are by the road but its only a side road so i guess it wouldnt be too noisy - I'm a very light sleeper...
Room decor - excellent, tea+coffee making facilities, bottled water, toiletries, comfortable bed. Free wifi internet fine, worked little slow at 300mbps but fine for free!
Breakfast - lovely and personally cooked by Lee + cereal + toast + juice
Only thing would say is if you can't clmb stairs request a room on the ground floor as there is no lift. Also time your arrival to when the reception is open as the hotel is not 'manned' at all time. Go for this one if you can get a good rate!
Will certainly try to stay again under better circumstances .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank NA1960
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The La Mer Guest House, Eastbourne: Proberbly the worst B & B I've stayed in. I booked in advance on last minute.com yet on arrival I had to phone a number and wait 15 minutes to be let in! The room was very basic with stained carpets. I was told breakfast would be served between 07:30 & 09:00, when I went down to the dinning room at 08:40 there were 3 other guest were sitting there. They told me that they had been waiting since 08:00. The kitchen was locked up. I phoned the the number given again and ask what was happening about brteakfast. I was told to ring back in 5 mins, when I did the lady on the end of the line told me that the manager couldn'tbe contacted. So I went without breakfast! Cheap but I wouldn't recomend it. Dreadfull service!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank handsteven68
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Despite the beautiful pictures on the website, I found the place nothing like it. The room looked fine at a first glance, but later I realized that the bed sheets weren't clean, and the carpet had black stains all over it. At £60 per night I expected better than that! Also the bathroom door didn't shut properly, had grease on the outside, and the shower door got blocked while I was in there and couldn't get out!
Very disappointing and I can't recommend this Guest house to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Mada_25
Reviewed July 14, 2010

nice guest house right near town Lee and James and all the team make you feel very welcome great breakfast the only thing is parking and rooms a little small but you only sleep there
worth a visit

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Recently stay here, fantastic service the owner could not do enough to help her guests! Clean room, excellent breakfast. Would highly recommend staying here. I know we will next time we are in the area.
Less than 2 mins from the town and seafront. Ideal location.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

LA MER is situated in Marine Road, just off from the seafront, in the same road is the back entrance to the Marine pub, which serves amazing food! We have stayed in Eastbourne a number of times and never stayed in the same b and b twice, as usual we hadn't booked but luckily LA MER just had a cancellation! LA MER were so accomodating and made us feel really welcome. The room was spotless as was the en-suite, the complimentary toiletries were better than you'd usually find! Straight away the whole guesthouse seemed to be a step up from others in the town! we were asked about dietary requirements for breakfast, which i've never been asked in any b and b in this country before, we don't have any but were assured if we did food would be bought in to accomodate these! the dining room is cosy and fresh flowers were on every table, not your usual value carnation either! at breakfast there was a table adorned with baby food, puree and solid and bibs still in there packet ready for a family with a baby. the choice of food was impressive too.

No expense had been spared whilst catering for the guests needs all for ONLY £50!!!!

An absolute bargain, anyone visiting here will be amazed at the value and the accomodating service!

next time we will definitely book in advance and this will be the hotel we book!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple