“Simple Italian food but always good quality with friendly, efficient staff.”
Review of Simply Italian

Simply Italian
Ranked #38 of 411 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Simple Italian food but always good quality with friendly, efficient staff.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A regular haunt for family and couples only dining. Consistently good simple food. Seafood particularly tasty. Reasonably priced wine. Great staff team, always cheerful and efficient. Super location in the summer.

• Polish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Vanishing Special Lunch Menu”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have been coming here on and off for a few years and the food is usually OK to good. The mussels are excellent. However with competition for business so hard at the Harbour they have a special deal lunch for £4.95 advertised on a big A board outside .... a pizza, pasta or a burger...However when you are seated they always just give you the standard menu and you almost have to beg to see the special deal one. That sort of stunt is like water off a duck's back to me but I feel sorry for others who are too shy to ask who come in attracted by the special and end up with a la carte. Its a shabby way to treat people and they should not do this.

VickySI, Manager at Simply Italian, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of my restaurant in Eastbourne. I'm sorry that you feel this way. We don't at all play this type of stunt, we have the offer written on the board outside and it is available to all our guests. We do not have printed menus for it but the staff know the menu and would be happy to go through it with everyone.
After 12 years down at the harbour we don't need to resort to this type of marketing with our valued guests, however we want to be able to offer them alternatives. We treat all our guests with the respect they deserve and we definately don't do what you say as a fact, and in fact is really only your opinion. It hurts our family run business, comments such as yours, maybe you want to hurt us instead of pointing it out to the manager Gennaro who is my cousin and partner. I really do not understand your reasons. I usually am very respectful to all the comments I receive on this website, whether the feedback is positive or negative, but I am finding it very difficult with your type of approach.
Marc Proprietor
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Friendly, and great food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having been to Simply Italian for coffee just a few weeks earlier and being impressed with the friendly service, I visited Simply Italian with my family for a very enjoyable evening meal on a busy Saturday night. The restaurant was busy with ranges of couples enjoying romantic candlelit meals, to families, and groups of friends.

The staff were attentive and again very friendly. Straight after being seated my 2 children were brought the children’s menu, with a pot of crayons each occupying them with the Italian themed wordsearch and colouring, allowing us to browse the menu.

We were shown the specials menu, with a range of meat and fish options, to accompany a wide range of Italian standards on the menu.

My children both ate without fuss their choices of ham, tomato and cheese pizza, made fresh onsite, and the not so Italian chicken goujons and chips – so many chips that some were left – unusual for my children.

The food was fantastic, with pasta being cooked just right, and the choice of the ragu from the specials menu being a great decision. The food wasn’t as cheap as a harvester or similar style of restaurant – but the quality of food and level of service was much higher!

I would recommend Simply Italian to couples and families, and pay attention to the specials menu!

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“SaturdayNight Out”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

On a busy satuday night a group of 8 of us all had different choices of starters, main course and some desserts. Food was excellent, and served by friendly staff in a great atmosphere. Some of the decor has recently been changed and has been completed to a very high standard. You can believe you are in an authentic Italian backstreet restaurant sitting outside on the pavement. Will definitely return again.

Hastings, United Kingdom
“Buonissimo bellisimo”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went there with a group of ladies. Lovely food and service was really good too. Plenty to eat portions too big for me but offered a doggy bag thank you. Real Italians which is a nice welcome change and difference that owned and served us. Would I go back again? Yes I would lovely setting by the marina. Next time can we have some sun please. Ciao simply italian

• Visited January 2013