“Excellent place!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I go to simply Italian as a treat and not a regular accurance, everything bout the place is wonderful! Foods great, price is great and the service is especially great! Excellent staff! Can't wait till my next visit x

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a lovely walk this afternoon, which was topped off by a great value authentic Italian coffee with a lovely warm Danish. The staff were all very friendly and catered well for our 3 year old daughter who enjoyed the colouring in. The environment reminds us of our experience in Italy which we love so much, this is something that the management are obviously keen to provide to the customers, today they were putting up a beautiful picture on the wall, obviously authentic Italian which really captured the beauty of Italy, the only thing which spoilt it was another customer who made it quite clear what she thought of the picture in a negative way, highlighting the fact that she had written a review in the past on trip advisor that had been very negative! My question to her is if you hate the place so much, why do you keep coming back, it can't be that bad, everyone else in the restaurant was having a great time. Rant over, we shall be returning again soon, keep up the good work.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Following my last review of this restaurant which was a Christmas meal, we had already booked to visit this restaurant for one of its Opera evenings which took place in December a few days after our previous visit.
They had decorated the restaurant with Christmas decorations and it looked festive. All arrangements were trouble free- ie right amount of people at our table etc. The manager recognised me as the person who had complained previously and gave us a bottle of wine 'on the house' which was very kind but I was at pains to tell him that this would make no difference to anything I had to say about his restaurant as I speak as I find.
On this second occasion the food was reasonably good, the evening was great and the service as I have found it prior to the Christmas meal - namely excellent. Why an earth the cooking could not have at least got to this standard for our Christmas meal is a mystery.
I wish that the review gave us the option of ' good' rather than going 'average' to 'very good' as in all fairness I feel that this restaurant is good as opposed to 'very good' although the waiter service is excellent and always was.

I do feel though that the standard of cooking has gone down over the past eighteen months and a change of menu would be good. For those of us who have routinely used this restaurant on a regular basis the menu is very 'samey' and Italy has such a rich history of culinary excellence and regional variety.

However much better visit than my last one and I was very satisfied with the standard of the restaurant on this occasion

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice restaurant on the waterside. We had an antipasti starter and delicious pasta - very generous portions! The service was good although non were Italian, mainly Eastern European but efficient and pleasant. Great for a bite of pasta when you don't fancy cooking

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went to Simply Italian the other night for my works Christmas do, I didn't book another colleague organised it, but I will make sure we come back next year!
There were about 20 of us who went to a "Rat Pack Night". It was the best fun I have had out for a meal and everythings was fantastic. The food was delicious, a set menu, so well cooked and it looked pretty on the place... almost too nice to eat!
The staff were just amazing, they were really enjoying themselves too but were so professional always making sure we were okay but smiling the whole time :-)
I can't wait to go back. Thank you Simply Italian you are the best!

1  Thank Benjamin S