“Best Chinese around.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We have Been to this restaurant more times than I can remember. It is consistently amazing.
There is a huge selection of food and although the portions are small, you can order as many times as you like. We regularly have 3 rounds of starters!
I've seen on previous reviews that the staff make you feel guilty about ordering more and rush you to finish and we have only felt this way once when we went in very late and close to closing time.
The staff are friendly, welcome you with a big smile and always remember what we order.
It has also been decorated recently which gives it more atmosphere inside.
If u enjoy Chinese, you must try here!

Ps. The salt and chilli prawns and spicy smoked chicken are a MUST!

2  Thank Jpdeprivation

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our family have been to the Happy Dragon at least 25 times over the last five years and have never had a bad course let alone a bad meal. The restaurant is not the best due to lack of space and the furnishings are a little tired. On all our visits the service has been of the highest standard and the quality of the food cannot be faulted . It really is " all you can eat " and we have always been encouraged by the staff to order more if we like a particular dish. Even when the restaurant has been full on a Saturday night the service and the food is still of the highest quality. You can only speak as you find and the Happy Dragon is a happy place for us.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife & I decided to eat here as it was on our way home.
Upon entering I noticed the Dirty Carpet & was amazed to find it continued into the Dinning Area.
How I wish we had turned & walked away !
This Restaurant is Very Tired.
The Menu is a Eat as much as You Like Basis at nearly £15.00 per head.
We Didn't find much that we liked despite ordering Several Dishes.
I ordered Spare Ribs in Gravy & when served I found them to be just Dry Ribs with Gravy poured over them !
The meat on the Ribs (what little there was) was Very Dry ,Tough & Very Chewy !
The Menu offered Crispy Aromatic Duck with Spring Onions,Pancakes & Hoi Sin Sauce.
Which we Both Love ! But "Not" on this occasion.
What they Served was "Luke Warm Duck,Fresh Thick Cut Cucumber,Dried Up Onion Strips that had been prepared for some considerable time & were Way Past their Best"
Indeed we are not even sure that this "Onion String" was "Spring Onion" as it was totally
Tasteless & Un-edible !
Indeed the rest of our "Meal"was much the same,
IE:- Poor Quality.
I Do Not Understand How FRESHLY COOKED items arrive Luke Warm ? ? ?
This Restaurant Operates also caters for Take Aways & also Delivers ! ! !

If the Food In the Restaurant is Luke Warm as Ours Was then What Temperature is it when Delivered ? ? ? COLD ? ? ?

The Staff or (owners) were Pleasant enough.

I had occasion to use the Men's WC.
It was Very Very Small, Tired ,Outdated & in Poor Repair but Clean with Hot Water & Paper Towels on a roll & a Swing Bin to dispose of them.

This was Not a Happy Place to Eat Inn !

Would we Return ?

NO WAY ! ! !

1  Thank Trevor H
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Iv been to happy dragon inn three times now and the food its lovely! The only problem is can they call it all you can eat? Every time iv been there they make you feel guilty for ordering more dishes and they try and make you move on to the next course! I understand not ordering to many dishes at once because of the wase but dont see why there is an attitude to go with it!

6  Thank kittykat199
Reviewed January 14, 2012

My daughter recommended this place to me and OMG i was soooooo impressed. chicken balls that tasted of chicken, really really impressed. reasonably priced, good service and really tasty.

1  Thank Jublet27