All reviews home made cakes adam kerry free cake little touches great hosts lovely guesthouse home from home thought of everything warm welcome lovely couple single room breakfast room full english cooked to perfection south coast breakfast was excellent a lovely stay
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at Seaview and would not go anywhere else if staying in Eastbourne again. The hotel is immaculate, fresh clean and modern with a twist of luxury that gives the feeleing of a boutique hotel as the bedrooms are decorated beautifully. The location is great as its right on the sea front with outstanding views and we especially like the friendly owner who, in addition to the homemade cakes and cereals available, offers an alternative to the Full English with an American style panckakes breakfast that we loved!
Very accomodating to my vegetarian requirements and even made us a packed lunch for our jouney! There were even activities like pebble painting, reading and DVDs to choose from in the living room!
Highly reccommend as such good value too!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

To get the most out of this guest house you would need to have a room at the front of the building and on the first or second floor. Sadly despite having requested a sea view ( it was my daughter's birthday and I specifically wanted it to be a treat ) our room was at the rear of the building and on the grand floor. This meant that we had a depressing view of the street behind and must have been damp judging from the overwhelming stench of air-fresheners.
The view was a disappointment but the smell was a genuine torment.
The breakfast was very generous, but slightly marred by the proprietor wandering through the room admonishing the guests for having allowed the front door latch to close the night before, which event had sadly locked us out at 10.30pm.
I wanted to give the place a chance as it is a small, family run venture with an intimate charm ( my daughter loved the paint -a-pebble table and the dvd library ), but when I got home I unpacked my clothes, still smelling of our dingy room, it was hard to look back too fondly on our stay.

Room tip: Rooms at the front of the building have sea view, despite the name of the guest house, many rooms come without sea view and they are tiny.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank KarolinaWebb
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice welcome. Room was nicely layed out + I was offered a Seaview room with Balcony thrown in as this was available. Breakfast was excellent. Nicely cooked & a wonderful very wide selection of Breakfast to choose from. Everything is certainly nicely thought out. I enjoyed reading the information book included in the room. They certainly have put a lot of thought & effort in creating a B&B to be very proud of. I will certainly recommend to others visiting Eastbourne.Well done!
So to sum up, if you want good value for money & not the expense of the overpriced B&Bs you certainly can't go wrong with Sea View Guest House in Eastbourne! Although no car park facilities at Hotel, there seems to be plenty of spaces in side streets in surrounding roads near B&B. I found a space quite easily & was able to leave car & do some shopping - saving on Parking in Town! So 10/10

John L - Surrey

Room tip: look on Website for photos
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed for two nights in this b&b and found it to be lovely. We were allowed to check in early and were welcomed with a pot of tea and some muffins which was a nice touch. The room was nicely decorated and well looked after. Clean and plenty of tea, coffee and even hot choc and biccies too! It smelt lovely in our room and in the communal room at the front of the b&b where we had our pot of tea. We noticed some games and books which you could borrow which was nice when we had to escape from the rain and come back after we'd had dinner out as we don't drink so there's not much else to do... Unless you put all your money in the arcade!
Breakfast was absolutely fabulous! I had the American one, two eggs, bacon, pancakes with maple syrup and plenty of tea and toast, my husband had the full English which was everything you normally get. Very nice. The owners are very welcoming and lovely. We would thoroughly recommend the sea view if you're staying in Eastbourne. It's only a 20 minute stroll to all the theatres and much nicer than some hotels we saw along the way.

Room tip: We were in room 3 at the back, no sea view, but very quiet at night and no stairs to get to the room. Perfect.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

From the time we arrived and were welcomed by Barbara, tea and home made cake to the time we left we knew we had chosen well, we had a great time and will definatly be returning.
The Sea view is a very friendly, clean and well appointed home from home guest house, we wanted for nothing, and the breakfast was as good if not better than I have had in any 5 star hotel anywhere.

Room tip: Quiet rooms at the Back, but second floor front has great sea view.
Date of stay: August 2012