All reviewshome made cakesadam kerryfree cakeredoubt fortresslittle touchesgreat hostshome from homelovely guesthousethought of everythingwarm welcomelovely couplebreakfast roomcooked to perfectiona lovely staysouth coastlovely breakfastlovely room
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Really friendly, welcoming. Rooms are well decorated clean and comfortable. Would always try to stay here when we come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Never having visited Eastbourne before , and as it was the destination of our south coastal walk from Dover , we were extremely lucky to book B&B at Sea View Guest House - Barbara and Colin were absolutely wonderful hostess and host - on approaching Sea View we were impressed by its extremely clean and well managed appearance - Barbara greeted us at the door and immediately made us (2) welcome , showing us to our twin - room and showing us the communal rooms which were available to us for the duration of our stay. Our allocated room was indeed a pleasure to enter , as was the whole house - We were invited to leave our rucksacks and other equipment , until we took up the B&B later in the day - breakfast was one great experience with a rare and wide choice of a full breakfast , yoghurt , cakes , numerous cereals, a choice of numerous hot and cold drinks - certainly a Home from home to revisit and to spread the word about - Barbara even provided me with dressings for my sore ankle - in conclusion we particularly enjoyed joining in the banter between Barbara and Colin in the Kitchen - Frankly we cannot wait to return - JMP (Tunisia)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 7, 2012

With little experience of staying in Eastbourne, limited choice (was a short-notice, weekend break), I took a punt on The Sea View Guest House.

Testament to the friendliness, cleanliness and homeliness of this place... im sure i will stay here again. No need to look any further.

The Sea View Guest House is comfortable and cosy, whilst not feeling cluttered or kitschy.

My only criticism would be the shower. It was slightly intermittent and variable in both temperature and strength. After a day on the beach, walking or cycling... a reliable, good shower can completely change how you feel.

Breakfasts were amazing, the room and bed comfortable. The owners were accommodating and professional. Generally gave impression that they were aware of what people wanted, whilst being unobtrusive.

Definitely recommend The Sea View Guest House.

Regards, Sam

Room Tip: Ask for one with a good shower or bath.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I've written a review about Sea View before but because it's so awesome I want to do it again! Here is a list of why you should go: breakfast is amazing (especially new American brekkie!), rooms are super clean, very well decorated and comfy, Barbara is the friendliest, most flexible and most generous B & B owner in the UK (I've been to a few), the view is amazing, the Thai restaurant up the road is gorgeous, you can chill out and paint a pebble in the lounge, there is wifi and DVDs a plenty! I think that's it. Hopefully the company I work for will bung us in there again soon!

Stayed: April 2012