All reviewshome made cakesadam kerryfree cakeredoubt fortresslittle touchesgreat hostshome from homelovely guesthousethought of everythingwarm welcomelovely couplebreakfast roomcooked to perfectiona lovely staysouth coastlovely breakfastlovely room
Reviewed May 7, 2012

With little experience of staying in Eastbourne, limited choice (was a short-notice, weekend break), I took a punt on The Sea View Guest House.

Testament to the friendliness, cleanliness and homeliness of this place... im sure i will stay here again. No need to look any further.

The Sea View Guest House is comfortable and cosy, whilst not feeling cluttered or kitschy.

My only criticism would be the shower. It was slightly intermittent and variable in both temperature and strength. After a day on the beach, walking or cycling... a reliable, good shower can completely change how you feel.

Breakfasts were amazing, the room and bed comfortable. The owners were accommodating and professional. Generally gave impression that they were aware of what people wanted, whilst being unobtrusive.

Definitely recommend The Sea View Guest House.

Regards, Sam

Room Tip: Ask for one with a good shower or bath.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I've written a review about Sea View before but because it's so awesome I want to do it again! Here is a list of why you should go: breakfast is amazing (especially new American brekkie!), rooms are super clean, very well decorated and comfy, Barbara is the friendliest, most flexible and most generous B & B owner in the UK (I've been to a few), the view is amazing, the Thai restaurant up the road is gorgeous, you can chill out and paint a pebble in the lounge, there is wifi and DVDs a plenty! I think that's it. Hopefully the company I work for will bung us in there again soon!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Eastbourne after having spent 4 nights at Sea View over the Easter period.
Barbara who runs the guest house with the help of her husband Colin is very attentive towards her guests and is so accommodating. The cleanliness of her guest house is exceptional. Our room was en suite with a balcony looking over the sea. Breakfast is more than sufficient! A choice of cereals, yoghurts, honey, jams, fruits, orange juice, homemade cakes!!! Yummy yummy! Plenty of tea and coffee too. There is also the choice of a full English breakfast. Enough breakfast to keep you going all day long! Barbara even made little Easter cup cakes and we found an Easter Egg in our room upon our return one afternoon. There are so many places to visit around Eastbourne. The famous Beachy Head is spectacular and is a MUST.Having our Freedom Passes we used the buses to visit various beautiful spots outside Eastbourne. Summing up I would say we made the best choice by staying with Barbara. We would definitely return. KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP BARBARA!!!!!

Room Tip: Try to book a "sea view" room. Amazing view out to sea.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at the Sea View Guest House back in October when touring theatres around the UK. It's so important to feel comfortable when you're away so much and it was just like a lovely home from home. We were treated very very well by Barbara who runs it (hopefully still!) and loved the fact that we sat chatting to her one evening whilst painting pebbles from the beach ... Great idea! I've requested to stay again on the current tour and pleased to see that it's on the schedule. I just hope Barbara is still there too. She makes a mean Full English too :)

Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Nice , clean accommodation. Good room with sea view. The Landlady was very welcoming.
Good breakfast with plenty of variety.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor double ensuite with Balcony. You get amazing sea view from this room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple