All reviewshome made cakesadam kerryfree cakeredoubt fortresslittle touchesgreat hostshome from homelovely guesthousethought of everythingwarm welcomelovely couplebreakfast roomcooked to perfectiona lovely staysouth coastlovely breakfastlovely room
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I've written a review about Sea View before but because it's so awesome I want to do it again! Here is a list of why you should go: breakfast is amazing (especially new American brekkie!), rooms are super clean, very well decorated and comfy, Barbara is the friendliest, most flexible and most generous B & B owner in the UK (I've been to a few), the view is amazing, the Thai restaurant up the road is gorgeous, you can chill out and paint a pebble in the lounge, there is wifi and DVDs a plenty! I think that's it. Hopefully the company I work for will bung us in there again soon!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Eastbourne after having spent 4 nights at Sea View over the Easter period.
Barbara who runs the guest house with the help of her husband Colin is very attentive towards her guests and is so accommodating. The cleanliness of her guest house is exceptional. Our room was en suite with a balcony looking over the sea. Breakfast is more than sufficient! A choice of cereals, yoghurts, honey, jams, fruits, orange juice, homemade cakes!!! Yummy yummy! Plenty of tea and coffee too. There is also the choice of a full English breakfast. Enough breakfast to keep you going all day long! Barbara even made little Easter cup cakes and we found an Easter Egg in our room upon our return one afternoon. There are so many places to visit around Eastbourne. The famous Beachy Head is spectacular and is a MUST.Having our Freedom Passes we used the buses to visit various beautiful spots outside Eastbourne. Summing up I would say we made the best choice by staying with Barbara. We would definitely return. KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP BARBARA!!!!!

Room Tip: Try to book a "sea view" room. Amazing view out to sea.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed at the Sea View Guest House back in October when touring theatres around the UK. It's so important to feel comfortable when you're away so much and it was just like a lovely home from home. We were treated very very well by Barbara who runs it (hopefully still!) and loved the fact that we sat chatting to her one evening whilst painting pebbles from the beach ... Great idea! I've requested to stay again on the current tour and pleased to see that it's on the schedule. I just hope Barbara is still there too. She makes a mean Full English too :)

Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Nice , clean accommodation. Good room with sea view. The Landlady was very welcoming.
Good breakfast with plenty of variety.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor double ensuite with Balcony. You get amazing sea view from this room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife & I found the rooms clean & freshh, the facilities were modern, including Freeviev TVs, (Although Eastbourne will not be receiving this service untile May 2012). The Landlady is very welcoming, & helpfull with her knowledge about the area, The breakfast is ample & served promptly.
In other words everything that you would expect from a very good guesthouse, but not what you always get.

We definately recommend the Sea View, & will definately return for another long weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View if possible
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple