“Curry restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Spice Garden
Ranked #130 of 396 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Curry restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This curry house cannot be beaten for authentic curries, quality food & service second to none. Very pleasant surroundings, now do takeaways, cant be bad!

• Visited September 2012

Eastbourne
“Not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had not been here for about two years as last time I visited I was in a large group and completely ripped off with the expense of the bill.
So thought I would try it again for a Friday night curry. I'm not very adventurous so usually have the same dish wherever I go, so I expect roughly the same sort of meal. This was very different and every dish swamped in oil. So much so, we were leaning the silver serving dish to one side, so that the oil would drain.
It was ok, I ate it. I came out full. But would recommend a take away rather than go back.

• Visited November 2012
Hod Hasharon
“Great Indian Food!! Don't Miss It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wendy at the Ocklynge Manor (Reviewed separately) recommended this restaurant and we both thank her for that!!
The Spice garden is one of the best Indian restaurants we have been to and we eat lots of Indian food.
The place is nicely decorated and clean.
The service was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient.
The food was freshly cooked and delicious, with a huge menu to choose from, all the way from mild to spicy (Yummy) dishes.
The winner was the lamb in ginger sauce, but everything we took was great.
Highly recommended for Indian food lovers and for everyone who likes good, fresh and reasonably priced food.
Don't visit Eastbourne without stopping at the Spice Garden!!

• Visited November 2012
“Very Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having heard "You must try this restaurant ..." I took my wife for a meal here. I have never been so disapoointed in my life. If you like oil then this is the place for you. Every dish we had including side orders were awash with oil. When I pointed this out I was told that's how the chef cooks. The waiters did not seem interested and it appeared took great delight in talking amongst themselves about my complaint. The dish was offered to be replaced but by now my appetite had waned. I asked for our coats and left vowing never to return. Exit stage left followed by angry bear!!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AJCS62
“Frequent diners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have been to the Spice Garden on a number of occasions and also had several take-aways and have never had any cause to complain. Food has always been beautifully cooked and presented and staff most courteous on every visit. I would happily recommend the Spice Garden to anyone looking for a good Indian restaurant in Eastbourne.

• Visited October 2012