“Brilliant hotel.”
Review of Fairlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
Fairlands Hotel
Ranked #55 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
“Brilliant hotel.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My friend eva and I had a great time while we were here. The owner Lucky and his wife were really friendly and couldnt havd been more friendly as were the waitresses who are only young girls, but by god they work hard and are so efficient. Rita works hard as well, serving breakfasts, then running the bar at night. Congratulions to the chef, on his excellent meals, especially his gammon with onion sauce. Out of this world. We would definitely stay here again. Helen Goodall and Eva Dale.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Hgall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Melbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Recently went on a weekend by coach with Travelstyle. Hotel was clean although fairly basic. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was nice and clean. Food was really good and the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a bay window so you can see the sea!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAtraveller73
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My parents and i recently visited this hotel,firstly we had several complaints about our stay. We were disappointed to find it was not a Turkey and Tinsel break as advertised in the Travel scope brochure. The only decorations were the slightly " cheesy " banners and butterflies !!
We were given a room on the top floor near the lift ,we only had luke warm water and the toilet took a long time to refill after flushing! The rooms were kept very clean though so no complaints there.
The meals were very unimaginative ,we were only there 4 nights but had rice pudding twice!
Also jacket potato or cottage pie is hardly a holiday meal.
Lucky and his staff do their best and were very attentive and the entertainment was passable!
Over all we did enjoy our break but would try some where else if in Eastbourne again.!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cannock
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our second trip to the Fairlands and have enjoyed it
just as much the second time. Lucky and his wife and all the staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable and it is definitely value for money. We shall be going again next spring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a few days . .We travelled with Travelstyle,although the journey was pretty awful getting held up on M25 and M23,we finally arrived around 7.30.The hotel had managed to keep our dinner warm,and were quite welcoming.although a little frazzled.which is understandable as it was so late.Our room was good,although a shower would have been better than a bath,but we managed.Throughout the stay the host's were very good,helpful,and pleasant
The food was okay,except the salad,which was such a tiny portion,but I am sure if I had mentioned it they would have been concerned.The waitress.who served us was exceptional,and what a memory,she always remembered what little extra's we required,,unfortunately I cannot remember her name but it was something like Anlanya..I must also mention the 'Bar' the gentleman who runs it was such a friendly person nothing to much trouble for him,so many thanks to him.I would recommend this to others,the only complaint I have,is for the persons who smoke,I don't,but to see everyone just standing outside smoking,and complaining there was nowhere to put their cigs out,I feel a small ashtray would be a big help,and also keep the street free from butts.All in all a pretty good place to stay,and so close to the sea,which is a bonus.We .would stay here again,reasonable prices,and very lovely hosts.Thank you so much for making so enjoyable.

Sandra and Diane.

Room Tip: If you require a shower,then you should ask if there are any rooms available,with a shower,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra B
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Me and my mum, sister and cousin all went to the Fairlands hotel had an amazing time; we couldn't fault it. The food was great and the room was nice and clean. The entertainment was good too and people from all ages can enjoy (as me and my cousin are just 16 and loved it). I wasn't far as well from the town centre, just around about 5 minutes. However what made our holiday was the owner Lucky he made us feel welcomed from the first night we came. His hospitality was great and always friendly and made you laugh and smile. Who ever bad mouths him doesn't know him as he is one of the sweetest men I know and not "perverted" as someone put it; it's just his good nature to be the way he his and I wouldn't change it for the world. We loved our stay in the hotel and hope to return again someday maybe. I would recommend this hotel for everyone from elderly people to young families as well as it everything you need for the money you paid. :)

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Has just got back from a 5 day break at the Fairlands in Eastbourne and i must say it was one of the nicest hotel i've been in. The rooms was clean and the food was top class. The best thing about the hotel was the hospitality. You couldn't feel more welcome. You couldnt wish for nicer people. I wpuld recommend this hotel to anyone. In my eyes its top class and well worth its money.

Paula, Tasmin and Megan of Chesterfield