“Lovely people great room great breakfast”

The Alexandra Hotel
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very good hotels great to stay and lovely rooms very helpful friendly staff. Stayed here twice now and love it. The views from the seaview bedroom is fantastic and the information booklet in the room is really helpful. Great location close to restrauants and close to beach which is very useful.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank blueeyes971

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here last weekend and found hotel to be clean and comfortable. The location is excellent. Within walking distance to Eastbourne town centre but on the corner of Carlisle Road which has two coffee bars, two chip shops, newsagent, pub and selection of restaurants. Ken the owner is very helpful and professional. Unfortunately my husband was taken ill and the staff were so kind and caring. If you are looking for boutique chic or lavish accommodation book elsewhere. If you require a clean, well run establishment at reasonable prices then The Alexandra Hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marionjfog
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at the Alexandra Hotel initially with a group of ramblers, we were made to feel at home immediately and undaunted by our large group, Ken served us all with drinks from the bar before a wonderful three course meal every evening. Delicious full english breakfast was served with great efficiency every morning by friendly staff. We always had plenty of time to make an early start on our walks, on the nearby South Downs. I left Eastbourne with such happy memories of Ken and Sue and their Alexandra Hotel that I've returned regularly, sometimes with my friend Moira.
Moira has asked me to include her review:
"I have only one holiday each year and I spend it at the Alexandra Hotel in Eastbourne. Ken and Sue Dobell preside over a wonderful hotel. They are perfect hosts and the hotel is spotlessly clean, beautifully situated on the front at Eastbourne, reasonably priced and a great holiday location."
Catherine and Moira

Room Tip: Sea view single rooms are lovely and have beautiful views of the sea and promenade or pier. Views ar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been bringing a private group to The Alexandra for 15 years, I also have stayed at other times with my husband, it is the perfect hotel to relax in and have a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, very good accomodation and cleaniness in the hotel is superb, staff are so friendly and will do anything for you, if you need anything extra in your room and on the rare occasion that something needs fixing then it is all done within an hour,meals have a good variety of food Saving the best to last owners Ken and Sue Dobell are the perfect hosts, making sure that you are enjoying your holiday with their care and attention and friendliness to their guests, we look forward to seeing Ken and Sue as much as we like staying at their hotel each year, so it was with utter dismay that we read the review likening The Alexandra to a 'Beach Hut' it certainly isn't the same hotel as we have enjoyed staying in all these years!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank john h
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have stayed at the Alexandra Hotel many times. We have always been treated exceptionally well, and found all the carefully chosen staff very friendly and helpful. The accommodation is well presented, clean and comfortable. The chef has been at the hotel for several years and never fails to satisfy our appetites with his excellent menus. Ken & Sue go out of their way to make sure everyone is well cared for. We won't go anywhere else for Christmas, it's just like being with close friends.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet T
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Have stayed at the Alexandra 3 times with my friends who were in other rooms and it has always been 1st class Clean rooms with fresh towels everyday The food is fab and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank quav
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel on many occasions I have nothing but praise for the friendliness and welcome received from the proprietors and staff. The accomadation is very good and the food excellent. I have booked again for my fourteenth Christmas which speaks for itself. I know I will be meeting many other guest who book each year for Christmas and have built up a new circle of friends thanks to the Alexandra Hotel. Having read the previous reviews I am extremely surprised to read two very bad reviews which spured me on to write this one, all I can say is that Maralyn and Boodle56 (maybe the same person) must have some vendeta against this very friendly Hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have an excellent view out to sea and along the prominard
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple