“A lovely bed and breakfast”

and 1 more site!
17 Wilmington Square
Ranked #18 of 75 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have just returned from a 2night stay at this bed and breakfast. It was excellent rooms were lovely with sea views and very cosy. Breakfast was of a very hight standard with very friendly staff. Would definatley stay again soon i hope.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fatboy1909

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is perfect for the regular visits I take to Eastbourne with my family. I last stayed between Christmas and New Year 2012 with my wife and 7 year old son and this review relates to that stay although it is consistent with my experience on previous visits.

The hotel is in a great location situated on a lovely square and overlooking the sea. Within a matter of yards there is a nice well-kept green on which I was able to play with my son and the beautifully maintained promenade which provided an opportunity to go for a walk and for my son to ride his bike. There are good quality bars, pubs, restaurants and theatres all within a few minutes walk.

Our room was superb. It had a double bay with a sea view, was spotlessly clean and very elegantly decorated (as is the whole hotel). The toiletries provided were a very nice touch and added to the feeling of staying in a quality establishment.

The owners provided a very friendly welcome and ensured we were settled in and had all we needed for a nice stay. What I appreciated most, was the passion that the owners showed for their hotel and for providing a great service to their guests.

I rarely eat fried breakfast out because I am a bit of a snob when it comes to the quality of the bacon, sausages etc. If you are the same you'll have no such worries at this hotel. The fry-up alone was worth staying at the hotel for! If a fried breakfast is not your thing (for my vegetarian wife it is not) then there are plenty of other choices.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The best place to stay, well situated for theatre, restuarants and seafront. Nothing is too much trouble for these hoteliers. Room was comfortable, quiet, spotlessly clean with well laden tea tray. Breakfast is varied with relaxed atmosphere. The 'hotel security' is a scamp! Discover him for yourselves.

Room Tip: Good range of room sizes, front rooms with partial sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzanneCruse
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is the best B and B we have tried In Eastbourne. Lovley location, quiet but close to sea front. Lovely furnishings, clean and high quality. Staff very friendly. We had a front room with sea view on second floor and loved the views. Comfy bed.
Breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend and will certainly be staying again.

Room Tip: Worth having a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SydneyfromOZ
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I picked this B&B as I was attending a conference at Devonshire Park Centre. I had a huge room overlooking the sea and square. Comfortable chairs to sit looking out to sea. Really comfortable bed. Breakfast was good. 3 friends were staying there too and we were given a table together for breakfast. Tony and Janice are welcoming and helpful with recommendations for eating out.The whole building is really clean and comfortable.
Other friends who attended the conference were staying in local hotels which they said were very poor quality. This B&B is really near the conference centre. I would really recommend a stay here if you are coming to Eastbourne.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marta Hari
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have just spent the most lovely and relaxing weekend staying at 17 Wilmington Square. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners Tony and Janine. Our very spacious room overlooked the gardens and sea and was beautifully decorated, bright and airy and spotlessly clean.Breakfast was scrummy with plenty of choice. The hotel is perfectly situated and we thoroughly enjoyed the short stroll to the seafront to enjoy a leisurely walk and a hot chocolate at a bar on the beach. We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed at our choice. Hope to visit again soon. Simply perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denise I
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were trying to find a hotel for a quick one night break and booked on line with another hotel in Eastbourne. Unfortunately we managed to book a hotel which was closed!! The proprietor directed us to Janine and Tony's place and we couldn't have been happier with the outcome.

The room was spacious and very nice and the breakfast first rate. Janine and Tony gave us helpful advice on restaurants and places to visit.

The location just off the seafront was ideal and the bed very comfortable.

Even the tea and biscuits we ordered turned out to be complimentary!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple