“Best BBQ in Barbados”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a great meal whilst staying in silver sands area, well worth the 25 minute journey. The brisket and pulled pork were delicious and a portion of ribs that were simply melt off the bone fantastic. The Backyard BBQ experience is not just the meats but the sides that come with it, spice infused corn and seasoned fries were just the cherry on the cake. Great price, great vibe. Big recommendation for all to visit.

1  Thank cjf1080

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stopped by Backyard on a Saturday after a day at the beach--glad we did! Great friendly service and wonderful ribs (and breadfruit fries!) Fun ambience--nothing fancy and a nice change from all of the upscale options on the westcoast. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank JulieHeump
Reviewed February 6, 2014

2.5 hr waiting from another reviewer. I'm not doubting it, but that would be an isolated incident I surely hope. I was there 3 times in a week (including a Saturday and it was a 20 minute wait tops). With restaurants being VERY expensive in Barbados this place was a relief.

I was staying at a hotel less than a 5 minute walk. We were told about this place by a taxi driver and are we ever glad he did. Upon first seeing it, our reaction was, 'this is the spot'. It's an outdoor shack like restaurant. Absolutely nothing special on the outside, but is the food ever good. My friend loved the brisket...I loved the pulled pork. They have options for complete meals or just the meat. Complete meals comes with options so make sure you're hungry.

Price is reasonable and taste was great.

At the time we were there (Dec 2013), it was only opened for dinner.

I hope you like it as much as we did!

1  Thank JgolfT
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We waited two and a half hours for 2 combo meals here. To be fair, this was probably because it was a Saturday night and the place was pretty busy.

Even so, after waiting for an hour, one gentleman asked what number he was in the queue for food and got his head bitten off by the guy putting together the orders. He swiftly went to the till to get his money back. The rest of us waiting decided not to ask anything else!

When we finally got our order called we were told there were no fries. The food was really nice and it was about £10 per combo meal so good value. Just make sure you don't go here on a Saturday night when you are ravenous!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

It was tough to choose what to order as everything looked and smelled really good. I enjoyed the lip smacking, 'nail biting' spare ribs and my buddy's both enjoyed the pulled pork. Portions looked a bit small but we were stuffed when we finished. Great friendly service. Beers were cold and the price was very reasonable. Good mix of locals and tourists.

1  Thank Victoria_Tod