“AMAZING!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is to die for!!! My husband I tried it on our honey moon and convinced 6 other guests from our hotel to go as we'll. we love it! Best pulled pork and brisket I have ever had in my life. Plus you get a bunch if great sides- the best macaroni pie in barbados, corn with cinnamon and sugar, and a yummy coleslaw!!! The only downside is at it isn't open every day!

3  Thank Ali B

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Never thought I would find amazing bbq in the Caribbean but I did! It was so good, had to get a plate for the next day since they were going to be closed. The best macaroni pie I tasted.

2  Thank fgadson
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The food was absolutely AMAZING!! We dined on the premises and even placed a to-go order since the restaurant is closed on Sunday. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Barbados! Please visit, you will not be disappointed!!!

2  Thank 1HauteDiva
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Where to start....... As a chef I have had good BBQ thanks to a couple of Bbq trips to Texas, and I have to say that this is the best Brisket, Ribs, pulled Pork and chicken I have ever had in Barbados and definitely as good as what I have had in Texas itself !
Add to that the friendly welcome, the great sides, cold drinks and the very reasonable prices ; you just have to try it for yourself!
I guarantee that your first visit will definitely not be your last.

3  Thank Kirk K
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am writing this review as I prepare to return to the Backyard Barbecue for the 2nd time in 3 days. Thankfully the kind man at Sprinkles Ice Cream recommended Backyard Barbecue to us when we were asking about good local eats to enjoy on our holiday. So let me first say I am a BBQ connoisseur of sorts. I've tried a lot of BBQ near and far & I was very impressed with Backyard Barbecue. The first good sign was the professional smoker out front cranking out the savory smell of smoked meats. I tried the brisket, spareribs and sausage and all were perfectly smoked. However the brisket was really outstanding - so tender and juicy it fell off my fork and nearly melted in my mouth! This is definitely Texas-style BBQ but with a Bajan twist, especially in the 3 different delicious sauces. The choice of sides represented classic BBQ (corn bread & ranch beans) as well as Bajan favorites (sweet potato - NOT yam - fries, breadfruit chips, macaroni pie). The setting is rustic and casual - perfect for BBQ. The chef/ owner, Kirk was attentive and enjoyed talking about his craft. He shared with us that he actually completed culinary training in the BBQ arts IN TEXAS... it shows! The high-end restaurants are fine and all but Backyard Barbecue is a real gem not to be missed. We are looking forward to more Backyard BBQ tonight and we really wish we didn't live so far away!

4  Thank fromHB