Just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Tamarind, Paynes Bay. The welcome from the front office team could not be faulted as well as a welcome cocktail.
Rooms are spacious with many having upgraded bathrooms recently.Ours was a third floor room - 315 with balcony overlooking the ocean and also pool view.
Breakfast was adequate as long as you are aware of the birds that seem to fly into the breakfast area at this time of day. The staff do their best to control matters but be aware to cover milk,drinks etc if you leave your table to visit the self service buffet.
Housekeeping was exceptional with bedding changed on alternate days or daily if you preferred.
Happy hour was 4 to 6 with marvellous cocktails mixed by Arden who was happy to talk about his career whilst in Bermuda.
The hotel is in a prime location with many of the Islands finest restaurants within a short taxi ride.
We visited Cin Cin ( twice ), Tides and The Cliff where attention to detail, service and menues were exceptional.
Most guests seem to dine around whilst staying at Tamarind but that does not detract from the hotels own restaurant.
During the day, D'wayne was always ready to chat whilst carrying out his duties around the property. Security was evident on the property although we felt quite safe walking along the beach during daylight hours.
It was worth travelling on the "reggae" bus to Bridgetown or Holetown - a holiday experience which cost only US$ 1 per person. The bus stop is right outside the hotel for both directions.
We would certainly recommend this property as it provided good value in an ideal location.
A turndown service was made during the evening whilst at dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sand beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guestrooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor 'living rooms' providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. Complimentary features include: motorized and non-motorized watersports, daily buffet breakfast, WiFi in rooms and throughout property, fitness center and classes and water taxi to other Elegant Hotels' west coast properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish