Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
Mai Samui Resort & Spa(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
$135
$97
$29
$26
The Passage Samui Villas & Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
$105
$69
Baan Sijan Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
$76
Agoda.com
Win Hotel(Ang Thong)
$17
$251
$165
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Sam Cee Resort(Ang Thong)
1,485 results
All reviewspla plabuggy servicekoh samuibuggy driversprivate poolbeach staffin villa diningkids clubgolf buggiesonce in a lifetimesteep hillbreathtaking viewsour honeymoonmain restaurantbedroom villathai restaurantthe entire staff
Reviewed November 19, 2008

All earlier reports were correct!
You feel you are Royalty as soon as you enter the resort.

Check in was smooth and efficient.
The electric Powered Buggy's take you to your room, The view is astounding! – Not easy to walk around the resort so we used the buggy to go all over.

When you see any employee, they are extra courteous and always fold their hands and bow their heads to greet you!

The food is good - mainly had the breakfast and ordered room service!
Prices are not too bad for the food, we expected to pay exorbitant prices, I felt they over charged for the soft drinks / coffee example: 2 cokes cost you as much as your main dish!

They have an incredible lavazza coffee machine in each room (with complementary lavazza coffee )

My Wife went for several massages and loved it - though again steep for Thailand standards.

The internet connection though not complementary was quite economical at around 700 Bhatt for 24 hours.
Each room has a DVD player and IPod dock - just Perfect.

The plunge pool and the Deck area were the perfect place to spend the whole day!

I was wondering what I did not like during the 3 night stay:

a) The lights in the room were not enough (Not bright enough for my taste) even though we got an additional lamp put in our room , I personally found the low lighting to be depressing (I know they have tried to create an atmosphere in the room but with dimmers the patrons should be allowed to increase Intensity of Lighting. I read somewhere recommended standards were 300 Lux in a living room - this was way lower

b) The Weather - Well that's not really in the control of the Hotel! November is the Monsoon Season in Samui

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We have just returned from a week at this glorious resort.

Arriving at the resort you are welcomed to the resort by stopping at a sala on the top of the hill. Looking out across the ocean you feel like you are standing on the top of world and you are in for an experience like no other.

The villas at the resort are scattered around the hillside, and yes, as previous reviews state the resort is almost vertical, but that is compensated for by the abundance of golf buggies that are continually circling the resort ready to pick up the tired and weary and drop you where ever you wish to go.

The villas are amazing, and have everything you could wish for. The beds are so soft that you just sink into them and never want to wake up. But you must , because any time slept sleeping is time that you cant spend laying on the idylic beach front or swimming in your own private pool. The beach is lovely, with beautiful white sand and crystal blue water that gently laps at the shore whilst you lay on the sun bed which has been personally prepared for you.

If you have kids then they will have a ball. Kids club is ocmplimentary and open from 9.00 to 5.00 pm every day. My son loved playing with the other kids and couldnt wait to get there. Not to mention the lovely welcome gift of personalised t-shirt, painting set and pencils to greet us on arrival.

The restaurants are first class, and competitively priced. The breakfast is a gourmet delight , difficult to tear yourself away from to head to the beach. Burgers at lunch, or traditional thai curry were great by the beach. The complimentary canapes , turn down sweets and fruit provided daily were also a lovely touch and ensured you were always "wowed"...

Stay on a Tuesday night and you will be able to meet the managment team at the GMs Cocktail Party. They were all very friendly and eager to know if anything needed to be done to improve their services.

Lastly, the Spa. Make sure you leave time to be pampered. I had the Siam Spa, which was a traditional thai Massage followed by a hot compress oil massage. I left feeling like i was walking on air, disappointed I had left it till my last day to treat myself as i'd have loved to go back for more.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank baligirlthailand
Reviewed September 18, 2008

We booked 4 nights at the Four Seasons in Koh Samui as the 'ultimate luxury', part of our honeymoon.

The reception is every bit as mind blowing as described, we did feel a little out of place though after bumming round Phi Phi and Chang Mai.....they were a little suspicious of our being able to afford it. That feeling continued for most of our stay.

The staff were amazing, so polite, but unlike other hotels in Thailand they also seemed a bit....well, scared. Some of our fellow guests were obviously seasoned 'Four Seansoners', and downright rude. The look on the faces of the staff when we smiled back or expressed our thanks was of shock. What sort of people stay at these 5 star hotels???

The mosquito problem is immense, our beautiful glass doors that opened out to our luxury outside space remained firmly shut, even that did little to stop the tide. One day we braved our sun loungers and infinity pool but got bitten more times in one afternoon than the entire 3 week stay in Thailand!
The site was fumigated every day, citronella burners were provided and even mozzie spray...none of it worked. It is a remote spot and practically jungle, such is natures way, you can't blame the hotel I guess, they were trying.

The cost of eating at the restaurants is outrageous, Thailand is a cheap country, take a taxi out of the resort and get value for money. Our wedding wine was Villa Maria, we paid £8 a bottle in the UK, the Four Seasons were selling it for £110.......that about sums it up.

We never really felt comfortable at the resort, the beach is great and snorkeling on the resorts own private reef was a novelty, not Kai Toa standard, but not bad. The pompous guests, the lethal mozzies and the over priced restaurants betrayed the £500 a night price tag. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for the money.

Our final day was a disaster, flying to Tokyo at 8pm meant checking out at midday and hanging about until 3pm. We were told a room would be available to freshen up in after chilling out at the pool. A buggy picked us up and took us to an empty villa, no loo roll, no towels, soap, nothing. We phoned reception and nobody seemed to know where we were!!!!
We never did freshen up and the offer of a resort Mercedes to drop up as the airport (normally £50) did little to lift our spirits.

The amount we paid for our stay still brings a tear to my eye, the location and the villas were incredible, but so much else let it down.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank samkestevenLondon
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We agonised over the decision to stay here, we had LOVED Baan Taling Ngam and stayed there twice, once on our honeymoon. But the reviews here on trip advisor showed that the change of hands there had lead to a lot of unhappy punters and the staff (who, as always, make the place) had migrated en masse to The Four Seasons.

So we came. We didn't get off to a great start as being the last in a long line to check in rather than enjoying the much talked about view we were stuck virtually inside off the platform, the stunning view obscured by the guests who had arrived before us.

The Villas are stunning, I will definitely concede that the they are beautiful, and individual plunge pools are the last word in luxury. Although the fountain noise can get a bit wearing. The view is spectacular and the bath bliss.

BUT the beach is a complete let down. At high tide you can paddle, at low tide you can look at rocks.....and there were no water sports despite their advertised availability. So that put paid to the sailing my husband had his heart set on.

This was probably my 10th trip to Thailand and my 5th to Samui. I love Thailand, the culture, the food and the people. They are the kindest, warmest hearted nation in the world. But there was something a little eerie and institutionalized about the way the staff at the four seasons greeted you by name every time they came to the villa. It was like their own charm wasn't enough and had been up-sized.

Like many readers we gave up on buggies, luckily we are young and fit so we walked everywhere, and there are nice little paths between the villas to discover.

But my major gripe was the food. 490 baht for a bowl of Tom Yum? You cannot be serious. I was so aggrieved at the blatant rip off I ordered off the children's menu and then refused to eat dinner at the hotel again. Luckily we had the breakfast sewn up in the accommodation, went into town to pick up supplies for snacks and ate out at night-even including the cab fares into Chaweng and surrounds we ate better and cheaper.

All in all our feeling was that this was a larger than life, glossy production: "Four Seasons does Koh Samui!" But it was also bland and ubiquitous and it left us feeling a little hollow. I doubt we'll go back and I'm not sure if I'd call it value for money.

Samui has undergone a great deal of change. I think that this will be our last visit. Sad.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank VJCAuckland
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Just got back from the Four Seasons in Koh Samui and it was amazing. We stayed for five nights (bed and breakfast) after having spent three nights in Bangkok and everything from arrival to departure was perfect.

The staff couldn't be more helpful and were incredibly polite (always acknowledged you even if you just happened to catch their eye). The resort itself can only be described as a slice of paradise and sometimes we felt that we were staying at a secret hideaway in a bond movie! Our one bedroom villa was lovely and excellently equipped with an enormous comfy bed, private infinity pool, an iPod dock that fed music into all rooms (including the bathroom), a 42 inch LCD television, a DVD player (a free library of the latest movies was available on site) plus full Wi-Fi and Ethernet internet access should you require it (chargeable but free access was also available in the library).

As the resort is on a hill side and the paths can be a little steep, chauffeured golf buggies were on call 24/7 if we needed to get to the beach, spa, restaurants or bar. The Italian food we chose to eat at the main restaurant on our first night was delicious and I think I'd struggle to find anything even half as good in London.

Whilst there we took part in a Muay Thai boxing lesson, a 90 minute spa treatment where you were made to feel like royalty, had toasted marsh mellows on the beach and besides spending a few afternoons playing chess and taking in the views at the beach bar, had a lovely evening watching a open air movie on the beach whilst eating popcorn and drinking mojitos (the screen was mounted in the water and speakers placed around the immediate area).

Overall it's a perfect slice of peace and tranquillity which left us feeling very relaxed and content (just a shame it had to end!)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple