La Samanna just went thru some major room modernizations, after a few complaints that the rooms were very 70-ish, etc. Basically, new floor tiles, new bathroom, some rooms had the furniture replaced, etc. But there are some small flaws to this construction, not enough power outlets, some rooms have only one night stand, old TVs, not enough lights, speed dials don't seem to work (maybe the phones haven't been programmed yet due to the construction) but then one should not be staying indoors at this beautiful resort in St. Martin.
Since it is our third visit to the island, it is true everything at La Samanna is very expensive, for example, a can of soda can cost you $5.50 where if you venture out to the dutch side, especially near the airport, a 6-pack of soda will cost you about $2.50. Also, try eating locally, it can save you on the $$$. We recommend heading out to the French side. Also, there is casino right before La Samanna (Atlantis), try one of its many restaurants, especially Temptations.
Overall, La Samanna is a very beautiful resort, and yes, very expensive, but if you still want to choose to stay at this luxury resort, for comparison or what not, our recommendation is for you to rent a car, may we suggest a very compact one (the most inexpensive ones are $17 a day) because parking can be very tight and enjoy the other beautiful surrounding beaches, people/culture and delicious local food this island can offer to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin